First, after logging in as the administrator, you have to add the smileys you'd like to have added:
2. In the left column, click on Settings
3. Under Settings, click on Smileys
4. There, you can add particular smileys to your YAF.
5. To add a smiley, use the drop-down list. But then you must include BBcode. You can google for various smiley BBcodes, but here are a few: http://corz.org/bbtags . So for instance, in the "code" textbox when adding a smiley, for laughing, you would simply put the BBcode like this: [ : lol : ] (without spaces). For the description, you would put in "laughing" or something. For a sort order, just put in 1 for the first one, then 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. ...
7. :ken: :D: :eek: :geek: :roll: :erm: :cool: :blank: :idea: :ehh: :aargh: are common smileys, but remember to put square brackets around them when adding your smileys in the code textbox.
8. Continue to add more smileys as you'd like; google "BBcode Smileys" for more smileys if the website I provided you with isn't enough. Then continue to repeat steps 3 through 5 to add as many smileys as you'd like.
Secondly, do this:
2. Click Host Settings
3. Click the Display tab
4. Scroll down and you'll see Show Shoutbox Smileys ... check this.
Now you'll have a smiley shoutbox when posting. Hope this helps!
USS Vision YAF
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"