YAFLogo

Untalented
  • Untalented
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
10 years ago
Hi,

I basically filled in some info and GoDaddy did the rest. When I went to the site, it was able to connect to the database, I clicked next and then get this error:

Quote:

There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.

If anyone could assist it would be great.
Sponsor

Untalented
  • Untalented
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
10 years ago
Actually, I updated the web.config and turned off the error redirect. Now I see this error:

Quote:

Server Error in '/forums' Application.

No data for board ID: 1

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: YAF.Core.EmptyBoardSettingException: No data for board ID: 1

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Quote:

Stack Trace:

[EmptyBoardSettingException: No data for board ID: 1]
YAF.Core.YafLoadBoardSettings..ctor(Object boardID) +224
YAF.Core.CurrentBoardSettings.b__0() +53
YAF.Core.HttpApplicationStateBaseExtensions.GetOrSet(HttpApplicationStateBase httpApplicationState, String key, Func`1 getValue) +204
YAF.Core.CurrentBoardSettings.get_Instance() +71
YAF.Core.YafBaseContainerModule.b__a(IComponentContext k) +28
Autofac.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p) +12
Autofac.Builder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p) +17
Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +30
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters) +48
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() +48
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +164
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +50

[DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.]
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +119
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +155
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance) +72
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +54
YAF.Core.AutoFacServiceLocatorProvider.Get(Type serviceType) +72
YAF.Types.Interfaces.IServiceLocatorExtensions.Get(IServiceLocator serviceLocator) +80
YAF.Types.Interfaces.IServiceLocatorExtensions.Get(IHaveServiceLocator haveLocator) +88
YAF.Core.YafContext.get_BoardSettings() +9
YAF.Core.UnloadSessionForumModule.UnloadSessionModule_Unload(Object sender, EventArgs e) +65
System.Web.UI.Control.OnUnload(EventArgs e) +8998162
YAF.Forum.OnUnload(EventArgs e) +7
System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +241
System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +175
System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +175
System.Web.UI.Page.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +23
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestCleanup() +43
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

squirrel
10 years ago
The version that GoDaddy has is not current, and can have issues - it has been noted many times on the forum that GoDaddy generally is not a suitable host for YAF forum due to limitations on GoDaddy servers. You can attempt to install latest version yourself.

You would delete the installed files from GoDaddy, upload a copy of fresh from download from CodePlex (yafnet.codeplex.com) and follow the installation instructions inside the ZIP file.

Additionally, if you have problems still, you can post a request in the YAF Jobs forum and a developer or YAF supporter could accept the job and install/setup for you. But keep in mind still, that GoDaddy is known for having issues with the YAF requirements for a server.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
http://livetecshosting.com/  and it has been very solid. I'm even rivaling times of this site!
Mike_GoDaddy
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: Untalented 

Hi,

I basically filled in some info and GoDaddy did the rest. When I went to the site, it was able to connect to the database, I clicked next and then get this error:

Quote:

There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.

If anyone could assist it would be great.

I am sorry to read you are having issues with your Go Daddy install of YAF. If you would like I can review this issue internally if you want to provide the ticket number you have for this issue.
Mike
Go Daddy® Hosting Ambassador
Untalented
  • Untalented
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
10 years ago
I got it working by removing the app and reinstalling. During the initial setup I found if I don't check the box to install Instant Search and the update BBC it worked fine.
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.