wilkinsj
  •  wilkinsj
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2012-10-06T18:59:10Z
Hi

My developer just migrated my YAF 1.9.3 forum on to a new server. Everything looks fine except I can't make any new posts or replies! I get this error:

Access Denied
You tried to enter a area where you didn't have access.

I've tried posting as a regular user and as an admin but I get the same error for both. The roles look to be set up correctly and everything else seems fine so I don't know what's gone wrong!

Thanks in advance!
J
Sponsor
wilkinsj
  •  wilkinsj
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2012-10-06T19:02:20Z
And when I go to 'Version Check' in Admin I get a long server error message:

Server Error in '/forum' Application.

The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: t
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: t

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: t]
System.DateTime.op_Addition(DateTime d, TimeSpan t) +9550681
YAF.Classes.Utils.YafDateTime.FormatDateShort(Object o) +94
ASP.pages_admin_version_ascx.__Renderadminmenu1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +140
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +109
YAF.Controls.AdminMenu.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +3890
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +208
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
YAF.Classes.Base.ForumPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +208
YAF.Forum.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +126
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +173
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +31
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3060

squirrel
2012-10-07T06:13:48Z
Not sure about the date time issue, but for the permissions, it sounds like you might have been upgraded to a newer version of YAF that has the granular admin permissions in it. The only account that can get into the admin after the upgrade is the 'host admin account' -- that user has to re-enable the other admins their access to the various parts of YAF... Just a thought there --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.