Latest stable Yaf forum
.net 4.0 framework
Was running like a charm until I did the import of users.
Not sure what I did here, but I've unleashed a huge problem I can't resolve and it's affecting performance on the server.
Firstly - I imported in the users (around 20,000)
I then found that registered users were getting disconnected from forums when they were emailed their login and coming into the new site.
They would click the forums page which was visible to registered users only and then completely disconnected from site.
So I went in and sychronised the users in Yaf and thought that would solve the problem, but now I see it's going through the whole database because I see User Link number is incrementing to this - UserLinkRecentUsersOneDay3514 now each time I refresh the page.
This is the error.
I have not touched or modified any of the standard settings.
Is this something that will go away - I've had to hide the page for now as we have many people who are trying to access the forum.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'UserLinkRecentUsersOneDay1692' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.]
System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +11247556
System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +317
System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +145
YAF.Utils.Helpers.ControlHelper.FindControlRecursive(Control sourceControl, String id) +109
YAF.Utils.Helpers.ControlHelper.FindControlRecursiveAs(Control sourceControl, String id) +93
YAF.Controls.ActiveUsers.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +1821
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185
I can pay for support if someone is willing to assist as this is a new website where I chose this forum over Active Forums, because I thought it was just a great forum and I had the chance to use it. I am not sure what we've done wrong as it is a standard install with nothing touched out of the standard settings.
As Workaround disable the Recent User Feature in the Host Settings of YAF. Host -> Host Settings -> Display - > Show Recent Users in Forum Info.
This Feature should be disabled by default.
It required the users to have a 6 letter numerical UserID. That meant that all use the users had one, two, three or 4 0's put in front of their user ID.
EG.. user 23851 becomes user 023851 when we imported them in.
So before I imported all the users in, as we were using unique email addresses only to be allowed upon import, I created two user numbers, not in the range - one was 987654 with an already existing email address, and the other was 876543 with an original email address.
When 987654 was not imported but 876543 was, I knew the unique email address setting was working, so I went about importing them all in which they did successfully.
I made several small adjustments, and I can't remember exactly what they were but they were relating to the roles and I think Registered Users having a start role or being automatically assigned to members. And I could then get into the forums.
However, when we tested with a new user, with a prefixed 0 in their User Name, it would not work, it automatically logged them out of the site.
I then filtered the registered users who were assigned as members, and I noticed 876543 being in there, so I logged in as that user, and without issue, was able to see the forum, but when I log in as anyone with a 0 starting in their user name, I can't.
Originally I thought it was something to do with the importing of users and assigning roles via the bulk importer method, but after seeing 876543 user in there, and being able to access the forums, and anyone who DOES NOT have a 000*** user name can get to the forums, I am thinking that perhaps it's the table where the User details are stored does not allow numbers like this.
Is that possible?
I can confirm that I do not have the recent user info checked, it's never been checked, and the fact I can see the forums, and all the users we've tested so far with 000's in their name are all logged out.
This might be by design, and if so, then I will need to go an use another forum, but I am really hoping that a small change in the database to allow text for the userID field might fix it but I do not know how to do this comfortably.
Thanks very much and I hope this level of detail helps.
*sigh* that was a learning curve for me, but I wanted to give you feedback and let you know that all seems to be working as expected and I am looking forward to seeing how it performs, based on the fact the previous forums had over 750,000 posts.