http://leansoftware.net 
Sponsor
brigzy
  •  brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-07-24T09:31:49Z
Yikes!

I realised the DNN search is not includiing the forum pages ..

Please can you tell me is there a fix for this problem?

tha_watcha
2012-07-24T12:56:41Z
Originally Posted by: brigzy 

Yikes!

I realised the DNN search is not includiing the forum pages ..

Please can you tell me is there a fix for this problem?

What you mean the dnn search also can be used to search in topic titles or messages. The Search Engine Scheduler runs every 30 minutes and indexes the complete forum.

But i realize after looking at the code this function needs some work, currently it indexes all topics and would reveal topics to a user without checking if the user has access to it.
UserPostedImage
brigzy
  •  brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
2012-07-24T13:10:08Z
Thanks for the reply.

I probably don't know how the DNN search works and how I need to change things so it includes the forum pages.

For example if yo try searching for 'fox' in the search box - (top right of my web site) - it does not find posts realing to FoxPro.
Using the forum search link works of course.

I guess I need to learn how to integrate the two..

tha_watcha
2012-07-24T13:37:47Z
Originally Posted by: brigzy 

Thanks for the reply.

I probably don't know how the DNN search works and how I need to change things so it includes the forum pages.

For example if yo try searching for 'fox' in the search box - (top right of my web site) - it does not find posts realing to FoxPro.
Using the forum search link works of course.

I guess I need to learn how to integrate the two..

Well if the DNN Search Engine Scheduler is enabled (Under DNN Host -> Schedule) which should be by default the Scheduler grabs the content from each Module thats supports ISearchable which the dnn yaf module does by default.

If the Module was correctly installed (In the Extension Settings the Business Controller Class should be defined unter DNN Host - Extensions -> Edit Extension ->YetAnotherForumDotNet) in the Settings it should say "Is Searchable?" True.

UserPostedImage
brigzy
  •  brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
2012-07-25T10:54:40Z

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.