YAFLogo

mika_soukhov
10 years ago
v1.9.6.1

http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_postst14487_Email-body-encoding.aspx 
2) Forgotten password mailing still doesn't work.
3) Emails by subscription sends with сhaotic sequence (delay can reach a whole month).
Sponsor

mika_soukhov
10 years ago
Encoding was fixed by switching templates from plain text to html.
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: mika_soukhov 

v1.9.6.1

2) Forgotten password mailing still doesn't work.
3) Emails by subscription sends with сhaotic sequence (delay can reach a whole month).

2. Its currently hard to track whats wrong with the email sending because currently yaf didn't report much errors when trying to send out Mails, 1.9.6.2 will log much more errors if something goes wrong

However it sends out the Emails on my test installations. But its impossible to find the problem without any error messages.

3. There is an Updated sql Script, it fixed the duplicated mail issue but it might be also fixing your issue
http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_postsm54755_Multiple-notification-emails.aspx#post54755 

mika_soukhov
10 years ago
Thank you for answer.

I've spend a few hours today, how excactly mail works in YAF (big gap in my knowledge was why you create a table in DB and how it cleans). So, after debuging your code I have some tips for your in a future:

1. Do not delete a row from yaf_Mail. You say that YAF doesn't provide any code for log mail exceptions. But you may update row in yaf_Mail with exception text if it happens (or mark it as Success if mail sent without any error).
2. All modern smtp servers works asynchronically. So do not need special parallel tasks for sending mail in two phases.
3. yaf_Mail.SentTime - time when mail was processed.
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
10 years ago
Please submit a pull request with your changes, Mika.
alpha6789
10 years ago

Please tell me how to do that?

I found it's always sending unrecognized activation message (the from title and subject are ok) to the users when they register.
alpha6789
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: alpha6789 

Please tell me how to do that?

I found it's always sending unrecognized activation message (the from title and subject are ok) to the users when they register.

I figured out the problem. the funciton ContainsUnicodeCharacter(string input) in MailMessageExtensions.cs doesn't work at all for non-English culture. char > 255 doesn't necessary mean it is unicode.

I need to do more research on this issue.
dimabramov
10 years ago

How I can switch templates?
Please help
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.