YAFLogo

Stegothedump
11 years ago
I have a requirement to use YAF on a SharePoint installation of which i have no access to the server itself other than through SPD 2010 (so no file access etc)

So my questions is, can I create a webpart of the YAF forum and upload to the SP system? Has anyone ever done this?

Additional information, running SP 2010 and have Visual Studio 2010

TIA.

Stephen
Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
11 years ago
I've thought about doing this now that I'm pretty advanced SharePoint developer. Wasn't sure if there was much of a market.

Don't see how it would be all that complex... but I'll bet there are quite a few little "gotchas" and frankly, trying to get YAF.NET to actually integrate with SharePoint (e.g., use Sharepoint data structures) would be a bridge too big to cross.

What are you ideas for it, Stephen? Just a webpart?
Stegothedump
11 years ago
I would think there will be a big market for this, off all the things that SP does probably the discussion/forums are the weakest. I don't think we need to bother with integrating data structures, just simply allow SP users to upload the webpart into a 1 column master page and auto authenticate via AD.

Stephen
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.