YAFLogo

squirrel
2012-07-15T16:03:48Z
Originally Posted by: Steviepunk 

Is there a development roadmap for YAF?

I noticed that the bug tracking system references various version of the 1.9.5 code and has references to 2.0, but does not seem to cover the current 1.9.6 versions - so it's not really clear what features are being targeted and when

I think in regards to 1.9.6 not appearing on the roadmap in the tracker could be related to the concept that this version is heavily subject to the 2.0 goals and what changes have to be made to get there. Fixes and improvements on the 'outside' and core changes towards 2.0 on the inside... I don't think 1.9.6 was ever slated to be a full version, but there were many many issues in the 1.9.5.5 release which I think is what prompted it as well. I don't speak for the dev team though, so they could correct me if I'm wrong...

I used to be much more active in noticing issues and staying on the front lines with upcoming releases but when we pushed the 1.9.5.5 beta on our production site and got it stable, I left it alone - which took me out of the look being able to help find issues and notify development members. Because of that, I tried to take a more active role in supporting the software through the forums and helping other members with their issues -- sort of a trade off, I guess...

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-09-16T17:42:54Z
I've just upgraded the Tracker and updated the roadmap. Honestly, I just hadn't had time for the tracker... but now all the releases are in there and the roadmap is being updated.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool
2014-02-12T21:10:21Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

I've just upgraded the Tracker and updated the roadmap. Honestly, I just hadn't had time for the tracker... but now all the releases are in there and the roadmap is being updated.

Is the Tracker still online? I haven't been able to find the link. OR is the GitHub "Issues" location being used as the new tracker? I noticed it has milestones an such which is nice.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.0 RC 3
2014-02-12T22:46:13Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Originally Posted by: Jaben 

Is the Tracker still online? I haven't been able to find the link. OR is the GitHub "Issues" location being used as the new tracker? I noticed it has milestones an such which is nice.

The tracker is gone for a long time now. There is only one place the github issue tracker.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2014-02-13T02:05:27Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

The tracker is gone for a long time now. There is only one place the github issue tracker.

I remember seeing the tracker which showed quite a bit of information that somewhat resembled a "roadmap" of sorts.

It being gone for awhile now is pretty much what I thought since i can't remember the last time I checked it lol