YAFLogo

jpweber
  • jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-04-13T20:50:43Z
I downloaded the source code to 1.96, because tha_watcha helped me modify the registration to include a couple of additional fields.

When I am in Visual Studio, I open my directory, /knowledgebase/, and in Visual Studio, I click "Build", then "Build Website".

I was getting that Unknown server tag 'YAF:TopicLine' error and I googled it, and found the solution.

But the error that still remains deals when trying to build is with pages/moderate.ascx.

Specifically, the error in VS says: Could not load type 'YAF.Pages.moderate0'

On the top line of pages/moderate.ascx, I have:

Quote:

<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="True" Inherits="YAF.Pages.moderate0" Codebehind="moderate.ascx.cs" %>

But the Codebehind="moderate.ascx.cs" is underlined in squiggly green, because there is no moderate.ascx.cx file. I'm not a programmer, but I'm guessing that's where my problem is; the file didn't come in the download.

If anybody has any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason Weber

USS Vision YAF 

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"

Sponsor
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴
2012-04-13T20:57:44Z
Simply delete the moderate.ascx page, this page was removed in the latest version.
UserPostedImage
jpweber
  • jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-04-13T21:20:44Z
Got it .... successful build (finally) in VS! Thanks, tha_watcha ... I still cannot get companyname and companyphone to stick, though .... when I go to edit profile, and put something in for Company Name, it just stays blank. I'll have to reread your instructions, although I'm sure I followed them properly.

Thanks again!

Jason Weber

USS Vision YAF 

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"