Maybe it's because when I build the website in VS, I just opened up the /knowledgebase/ directory as a website, and built that. As I mentioned, I keep the dlls in my /bin/ and web.config, db.config, etc., in my /knowledgebase/ directory -- not in my root. That's how I did it in YAF 1.95 also. And everything functions fine, except for the new fields. But maybe if I built my website right from the root, it might make a difference?
I guess thats the problem. Because you mixed up Everything it might not working correctly. If your website is configured as Website in VS and YAF is configured as external application in the sub folder knowledgebase you should NOT Put both together, and not upload the complete source files of yaf to your server.
And also please turn off Directory read access, or every one can see the files...http://www.ussvision.com/knowledgebase/yaf.utils/
What you should do is remove yaf from your website project, or at least keep only the files that should be on the server (the files you find in the Install Package).
And Open the Complete YAF Source separately via the YAF Solution File like you ask in the other topic. When you Compile YAF you can configure it that it can be published directly to an FTP Server, in the Package Tab in the Solution Settings make sure you choose "Only files needed to run this application" under items to deploy.
If this not work i think its easier i provide you the modified YAF 22.214.171.124 Install Package.