YAFLogo

squirrel
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: magmo 

Originally Posted by: squirrel 

Is the SQL Configuration different for the client between the 'development server' and the production server? When I develop, my sql server is remote, and behind a different port to get through the firewall. When I get on the production server, my SQL connection is different.

No its the same

So you have one single database server for both 'YAF installations'

The server configuration for both production server and development server is completely identical, right down to user rights in the file system, IIS permissions, SQL Server configuration (including version) and so on?

If development works, and production does not, there has to be an issue in the configuration where something is not identical - be it user rights, database permissions, or something.

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
magmo
  • magmo
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
11 years ago
I have now also tried to install the forum directly on the webbserver with a new database, but it still give me the same error, is there maybe some files that needs special permissions or can it have something to do with the fact that this version requires System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.dll and System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server.dll which is part of Wcf RIA Services and I had to add manualy to the bin folder since this isn't installed on the webb server. And this isn't mentioned in the installation instructions either.

When I try the same setup on my local developer pc it works fine. And when I debug it doesn't give any errors either.

squirrel
11 years ago

I have now also tried to install the forum directly on the webbserver with a new database, but it still give me the same error, is there maybe some files that needs special permissions or can it have something to do with the fact that this version requires System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.dll and System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server.dll which is part of Wcf RIA Services and I had to add manualy to the bin folder since this isn't installed on the webb server. And this isn't mentioned in the installation instructions either.

When I try the same setup on my local developer pc it works fine. And when I debug it doesn't give any errors either.

Those aren't part of yaf distribution and I have not heard of having to add them manually to make yaf run. It's starting to sound like there is something misconfigured on the IIS level on your server at that point.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
magmo
  • magmo
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: squirrel 

Those aren't part of yaf distribution and I have not heard of having to add them manually to make yaf run. It's starting to sound like there is something misconfigured on the IIS level on your server at that point.

I agree, Sorry for jumping into conclusions to fast and blaming the forum.
I tried to add the forum as an application to another site which application pool was based on .Net Framework 2.
Then it worked.

I see now why I needed those 2 dll files, the YAF Forum was added as an application 2 an exsisting website which used those 2 dll files, and therefore inherited those files, so in order to get rid of that I either need to add a remove part in the web.config file or as I did add the 2 dll files to the application.

Just to make things clear, the IIS folder structure look like this.

root/forum/

root is the top website which have a application pool based on .Net 4
the forum is a application which have a applivation pool on .Net 4

When looking at this structure do I need to change anything in the web.config?

magmo
  • magmo
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
11 years ago
Another thing....

In my root application I use membership provider, and that part is therfore in the root web.config file. And the Yaf Forum is set up as own application in IIS but also use membership, my guess this is where the trouble is. So my question is. Is this configuration even supported. I know that YAF placed in a subfolder of an application is supported but what about YAF forum as an IIS aplication under an exsisting IIS application?
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.