YAFLogo

stevengraff
  • stevengraff
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
I bet this happens all the time, and I bet the solution is something fairly easy... I have copied all the files in to my site, but when I go to www.mysite.com/forum/install, I always get:

http://screencast.com/t/BrT3sBwGLheJ 

What's causing this?
Sponsor

squirrel
12 years ago
You need to modify the web.config file in the YAF root folder. Look for the line
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="On"/>
and change it to
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="Off"/>
( The line might read "RemoteOnly" instead of "On" )
Then try the installer again. You will get a full error message that time that will help diagnose the situation.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
stevengraff
  • stevengraff
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Thanks; here it is:

http://screencast.com/t/vfAbpGk2Dp 

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 33:
Line 34:
Line 35:
Line 36:
Line 37:

Source File: C:\SWsoft\PEM\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00003327\wwwroot\philmont364.com\yaf\web.config Line: 35

Show Additional Configuration Errors:
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 仍 YAF Version: 3.0.3
12 years ago
Did you set the folder, where you copied the files to, as application (virtual folder) in your IIS?

If you want to run yaf in a sub folder of an existing application...

- You need to copy the bin files from the yaf folder to the root bin application folder
- and you need to merge the web.config from yaf with the main application, and copy all *.config files from the yaf folder to the root application folder.

Looks like the documentation/readme currently doesn't cover this topic, maybe someone can help writing a better Install Guide???
stevengraff
  • stevengraff
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
12 years ago
"Did you set the folder, where you copied the files to, as application (virtual folder) in your IIS?"

I did not do this... it's necessary?
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
12 years ago
Originally Posted by: stevengraff 

"Did you set the folder, where you copied the files to, as application (virtual folder) in your IIS?"

I did not do this... it's necessary?

If you want to run yaf inside an existing application inside a sub folder, you need to do the steps i described above otherwise you need to setup a virtual folder.
stevengraff
  • stevengraff
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Well, to make things simpler (or much more complicated!) I'm trying to install this into a completely new/fresh site. No other application exists. I can copy files and folders at will, create virtual directories as needed, etc.
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
12 years ago
Originally Posted by: stevengraff 

Well, to make things simpler (or much more complicated!) I'm trying to install this into a completely new/fresh site. No other application exists. I can copy files and folders at will, create virtual directories as needed, etc.

If it is a new site you need to configure the folder where you exctracted the yaf files in to as application.
stevengraff
  • stevengraff
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
12 years ago
You mean set it up as a virtual directory?

OK; I've done that. Maybe I'm making progress? Now I'm getting:
http://screencast.com/t/DdTFMq6JcB 

Server Error in '/yaf' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'YAF.Classes' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 83:
Line 84:
Line 85:
Line 86:
Line 87:

Source File: c:\SWsoft\PEM\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00003327\wwwroot\philmont364.com\web.config Line: 85

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

Show Complete Compilation Source:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
12 years ago
Which version of yaf are you trying to install? Do you use the web.config from Yaf install package?
stevengraff
  • stevengraff
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
12 years ago
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
12 years ago
Please remove all lines containing the YAF.Classes.UI from your web.config

<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes.UI" assembly="YAF.Classes.UI"/>

and

<add namespace="YAF.Classes.UI"/>

P.S: You know that 1.95 is not the latest Version?

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.