YAFLogo

jimbo2
  • jimbo2
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi,

i have set up a basic ASP.NET website (4.0) and integrated the YAF into a subfolder.
I delete the web.config in the root folder of my website and replaced it with the web.config of the forum folder.

I can register either via the forum website or the asp.net website. Both works.
The problem is: When I register an user over the asp.net website, he cannot login into the forum. The error message is:
There has been a system error processing your request. Please contact the forum admin explaining what you were doing when it happened.

If i register the user over the forum then I can login them on both (the asp.net site and the forum).

Anyone knows where the problem is?

Here is my sample application:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-4017307/ForumTest.zip.html 

EDIT: Is it on purpose that when using the yaf-membershipprovider the aspnet_Users and aspnet_Membership tables are no longer used even when you register a new user via the asp.net site?

Thanks in advance
jimbo
Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Can you post your web.configs for both your main site and YAF.NET sans passwords?
jimbo2
  • jimbo2
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi,

i solved the problem. I had to put the created user into a role:

protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // Setup User with a known YAF.Net Role
            Roles.AddUserToRole(CreateUserWizard1.UserName, "Registered");
        }

Thanks!
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
No problem. Glad you figured it out.

To others: if you are registering the user elsewhere, you need to add the user to the "Registered" role for YAF.NET to work properly.
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.