YAFLogo

abcd
  • abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
10 years ago
Dear Jaben,

How can I down load YAF 1.9.5.6 RC1 ?

another question: How can I disable feature: Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail ?

thanks,

Sponsor
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
10 years ago
Quote:

The Version Number was increased to 1.96, there is no 1.9.5.6 anymore you can download 1.96 BETA from here:

http://yafnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/72897 

Quote:

How can I disable feature: Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail ?

You need to modify the source code to disable it. Remove the Code

this.OptionsMenu.AddPostBackItem(
                "watch",
                isWatched ? this.GetText("UNWATCHTOPIC") : this.GetText("WATCHTOPIC"),
                this.Get<ITheme>().GetItem("ICONS", "EMAIL"));

from posts.ascx.cs

abcd
  • abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Quote:

The Version Number was increased to 1.96, there is no 1.9.5.6 anymore you can download 1.96 BETA from here:

Thanks tha_watcha,

I have upgraded to 1.9.6 beta version successfully, But the process of sqlservr.exe + w3wp.exe always take 100% CPU, so the forum runs slowly. I think the new function "My Topic" cause this issue.(I have note on this when I log in and click on "My Topics" it runs so slowly to show the results and the CPU increase 😵. That reason I want to use the 1.9.5.6 RC1 version.

Thanks again.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: abcd 

Quote:

Thanks tha_watcha,

I have upgraded to 1.9.6 beta version successfully, But the process of sqlservr.exe + w3wp.exe always take 100% CPU, so the forum runs slowly. I think the new function "My Topic" cause this issue.(I have note on this when I log in and click on "My Topics" it runs so slowly to show the results and the CPU increase 😵. That reason I want to use the 1.9.5.6 RC1 version.

Thanks again.

Yes thanks for bringing that problem up again the My Topics Page in YAF 1.96 contains 5 different Tabs. The content is currently loaded at the same time, which should be the reason for the cpu increase.

I changed that so that the content of the tab will be only loaded after the tab is selected, that should make the page fast again. This will be fixed in 1.96 Final

abcd
  • abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
10 years ago
Dear tha_watcha,

My forum is often down after about 2 days, I just check and the log error says:

The following exception was thrown by the web event provider 'EventLogProvider' in the application '/' (in an application lifetime a maximum of one exception will be logged per provider instance):

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The EventLogWebEventProvider provider failed to log an event with the error code 0x80070057.

at System.Web.Management.EventLogWebEventProvider.ProcessEvent(WebBaseEvent eventRaised)

at System.Web.Management.WebBaseEvent.RaiseInternal(WebBaseEvent eventRaised, ArrayList firingRuleInfos, Int32 index0, Int32 index1).

with this error, the forum runs again when I restart the IIS 7(I host on dedicated server window 2008 r2).

Can you help me on this.

Thanks.

mhz_bk
  • mhz_bk
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
10 years ago

Quote:

Thanks tha_watcha,

Thanks again.

Yes thanks for bringing that problem up again the My Topics Page in YAF 1.96 contains 5 different Tabs. The content is currently loaded at the same time, which should be the reason for the cpu increase.

I changed that so that the content of the tab will be only loaded after the tab is selected, that should make the page fast again. This will be fixed in 1.96 Final

I don't know the performance of forum is issue or not, but I take a test as below:

First I run the YAF in VS 2010, and write another app to simulate visit forum (download the web content) with 50 times at one, and every download the home page (no subforum or view thread...). The CPU is near 100% always.

What's happened?

abcd
  • abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: mhz_bk 

Quote:

Thanks tha_watcha,

Thanks again.

I don't know the performance of forum is issue or not, but I take a test as below:

First I run the YAF in VS 2010, and write another app to simulate visit forum (download the web content) with 50 times at one, and every download the home page (no subforum or view thread...). The CPU is near 100% always.

What's happened?

that is correct with my forum ! I don't know why ? It seems that my forum is under DOS attack, but I don't think so.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

squirrel
10 years ago
one of your worker processes is over 4GB RAM in use... Unless you're serving a couple hundred websites, there is something wrong there....
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
abcd
  • abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: squirrel 

one of your worker processes is over 4GB RAM in use... Unless you're serving a couple hundred websites, there is something wrong there....

No, Squirrel, My server uses only for forum.

squirrel
10 years ago

Well in that screen shot, there are two IIS worker processes. One is over 4GB ram in use, the other around 200 megs. If you're only running one website, there is definitely something wrong...

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
abcd
  • abcd
  • 64.2% (Friendly)
10 years ago

Well in that screen shot, there are two IIS worker processes. One is over 4GB ram in use, the other around 200 megs. If you're only running one website, there is definitely something wrong...

Sorry squirrel,

I forgot that one Worker process is for home page (~200 megs), the other is forum (4GB RAM)

squirrel
10 years ago
IN PMs abcd and I noted that at 4GB of use, the forum currently shows around 300+ active users at current. When I loaded the site, the forum was extremely fast, but I do not have enough knowledge of YAF backend to verify if 4GB ram is appropriate for an active user count of 300+ on a forum that has over 3 million posts in it.

bbobb, tha_watcha, and Jaben would know more with statistics like that. I would be willing to help where I can - as far as IIS configuration and so forth.

bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
10 years ago
It looks like that RAM is at it's limit. I can't say it for 100%, but it looks like this.

15GB overall memory and 4GB RAM

The 1.9.6 Beta1 consumes a little more RAM, but not very much. So previously you could simply live on an edge.

squirrel, 4GB of RAM doesn't look impressive for a forum like this. At least I know that for IPB 2.x with 120 000 registered users, 250+ online, 1300 guests,1 600 000 posts 4GB RAM for Apache + PHP and 2GB for my sql is a normal hardware requirements.

I can't say about YAF at the point as it changes very fast and we don't have statistics, but if you don't have wild things like 1000 forums, it should require like this.

squirrel
10 years ago
I'm doing research on his particular error he's getting and I'm seeing some tweaks between IIS, SQL, and ASP.NET -- When I get some more pinpoints, I'll be posting them -- maybe there's some minor config setting in the server that will help with the downtime.

Thanks for the heads up on the statistics against the other systems -- that definitely provides some good perspective and useful information --

mhz_bk
  • mhz_bk
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: mhz_bk 

Quote:

Thanks tha_watcha,

Thanks again.

What's happened?

Dear all,

My question is, if user only view the forum main page, why does CPU still overload? In my opinion, the forum home page can be cache almost time without big effect to user. Anyone answer me...

Thanks a lot!