YAFLogo

yemulss
  • yemulss
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2011-11-18T11:43:41Z
Hello,

We are developing a forum website in asp.net 2008 SP1 (.Net Framework 3.5 SP1) through yet

another forum (yaf) version 1.9.5.5. We want to customize the registration steps i.e. we

want to add an additional steps like given below steps:

1. Get User Information (fname,lname) etc.

2. Make online payment

3. Register with the Site

We were trying the customize the page "register.ascx" inside "pages" directory but we couldn't. We were also commented the whole code behind the register page but instead it works fine. We couldn't be able to code in debug mode. We are not getting any idea from were it is initiating.

Regards

sham yemul, www.Intellisoft.co.in

Sponsor
yemulss
  • yemulss
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
2011-11-23T06:48:08Z
Hello,

to customize YetAnotherForum, do I need to take any license or dll from yetanotherforum ? we have source code files downloaded, but changing code or deleting code won't make any difference if I run the project,

may be we are doing it wrong, we tried changing code in register.ascx but nothing affects.

any help greatly appreciated

regards

sham

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.0 RC 3
2011-11-23T14:56:36Z
Originally Posted by: yemulss 

Hello,

to customize YetAnotherForum, do I need to take any license or dll from yetanotherforum ? we have source code files downloaded, but changing code or deleting code won't make any difference if I run the project,

may be we are doing it wrong, we tried changing code in register.ascx but nothing affects.

any help greatly appreciated

regards

sham

What are you trying to change? If you modify the source you also need to recompile yaf

UserPostedImage
yemulss
  • yemulss
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
2011-11-25T11:42:23Z
Thanks for the reply ,

1) customize the registration steps i.e. we

1. Get User Information (fname,lname) etc. so we can add to our database to keep track of payments/members

2. Make online payment , coupled with online registration

=========

2) Can you please help me to understand what the recompile process will include ? We had been using VS 2008 Sp1 for source code of YAF 1.9.5.5

I made changes to source code & run, instead we should build solution , and then get files from bin folder of Visual Studio ? use these files further ?

Regards

Sham

yemulss
  • yemulss
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
2011-11-26T13:52:01Z
Hello,

It's register.ascx page I modified this page, so when i double click on button design mode (see above in red circle) and I got below page but I was expecting code behind page.(see attached)

Anyway,I had written code and published files, those files I replaced with one configured previous YetAnotherForum’s files. The previous files where 1.9.5.5 bin files of YAF. When I checked website, the button is visible on Registration page, but nothing happens when I click button, expected it should write hello world at top. Let me know what might be going wrong ?

Regards

sham

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2011-11-26T16:52:05Z

Hello,

It's register.ascx page I modified this page, so when i double click on button design mode (see above in red circle) and I got below page but I was expecting code behind page.(see attached)

Anyway,I had written code and published files, those files I replaced with one configured previous YetAnotherForum’s files. The previous files where 1.9.5.5 bin files of YAF. When I checked website, the button is visible on Registration page, but nothing happens when I click button, expected it should write hello world at top. Let me know what might be going wrong ?

Regards

sham

I Tested The Process you documented in the doc file, it works for me.

Did you actually add the Button1_Click as Event to the Button? the Code of the Button in your register.ascx file should look like this.

Quote:

Can you please help me to understand what the recompile process will include ? We had been using VS 2008 Sp1 for source code of YAF 1.9.5.5

I made changes to source code & run, instead we should build solution , and then get files from bin folder of Visual Studio ? use these files further ?

You have to Options to Update The Files on your Server, you use the Publish Solution Option in VS, or you compile the Project and Copy the dlls file Manually, and the updated ascx files.

UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2011-11-26T16:56:14Z

Thanks for the reply ,

1) customize the registration steps i.e. we

1. Get User Information (fname,lname) etc. so we can add to our database to keep track of payments/members

2. Make online payment , coupled with online registration

1. Would require some additional Coding, YAF Currently doesn't have the Option to add Custom Profile Properties without Modifying the Source Code.

3. If your Site uses Standard Asp.Net Membership it should be no Problem to include YAF as Control and get the User Information on your Site Outside YAF.

UserPostedImage