Adochu
  •  Adochu
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2011-07-27T18:30:17Z
Recently users are unable to log into a forum I had setup. When clicking the Login link they receive the following message:

Access Denied
You tried to enter an area where you didn't have access.
Continue...

I'm fairly confident it was a setting that was changed, but, the problem I am having is that we cannot log into the forum to correct the setting.

So... I guess what I'm looking for is where can I make the change without actually logging into the forum? Is there a file I will need to modify or an entry in the database?

Sponsor
squirrel
2011-07-27T21:45:09Z
Are you receiving this as a webserver error or is a YAF page being displayed with this error?
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Adochu
  •  Adochu
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2011-07-27T22:03:46Z
It's a Yaf page.

Here's a link the forums on my site: http://www.forgedalliance.net/forums/ 

If you click on any of the Login links you should receive the same error that all my end users and myself have been receiving.
squirrel
2011-07-28T00:55:04Z
Originally Posted by: Adochu 

It's a Yaf page.

Here's a link the forums on my site: http://www.forgedalliance.net/forums/ 

If you click on any of the Login links you should receive the same error that all my end users and myself have been receiving.

About the only suggestions I can offer would be that you will need to run an SQL query against your database server on the YAF_Registry table. A suitable tool would be MS SQL Server Management Studio Express (if you have access to your database server).

UPDATE dbo.YAF_Registry SET value = 1 where Name = 'allowloginandlogoff'
GO
UPDATE dbo.YAF_Registry SET value = 0 where Name = 'disableregistrations'
GO

Remember that you will have to change 'dbo' to reflect the proper database owner name and 'YAF_' to reflect the proper table prefix in your SQL database. You will want to restart your YAF application after these changes are committed to the database.

As always whenever executing a script against your DB, I would recommend backing up your database first.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.