YAFLogo

sudeep
  • sudeep
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi Guys,

Lately I've been getting this error on my event log:

Exception In LatestInformationTask: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at YAF.RegisterV2.RegisterV2.LatestInfo(Int64 currentVersion, String culture)
   at YAF.Classes.LatestInformationTask.RunOnce()

Looks like the YAF headquarter url it is trying to connect to is not working now. Is there a quick way to turn this task off from the admin control panel?

Thanks.
Sponsor

sudeep
  • sudeep
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
11 years ago
Seriously, am I the only one getting this error?
squirrel
11 years ago
It's not showing in my logs, but I am not at the most recent release, either...
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
karanovicm
9 years ago
By searching forums to find solution for my problem I found this Post identical to what I'm getting now in my Event Log

Exception In LatestInformationTask: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 38.102.33.231:80 etc

I have installed version 1.9.6.1 and all works everything perfectly but e-mail notifications, I don't get any notification, nor any user,

But oddly when I sent e-mail to users using forums they do get them.

Could be a problem with hosting (1and1.com) or some setting or possible a bug.

Thanks

Marinko

bvillersjr
9 years ago
I've seen this problem twice today in my newly implemented forum:

Exception In LatestInformationTask: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 3x.1x2.33.2x1:80
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at YAF.RegisterV2.RegisterV2.LatestInfo(Int64 currentVersion, String culture)
at YAF.Classes.LatestInformationTask.RunOnce()

Not sure if the IP is a users so I removed a few digits.
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
9 years ago
This is a callback to this server (yetanotherforum.net) to check if the current version is the latest.
karanovicm
9 years ago
OK, but any idea why I don't get email notifications but still can send e-mails to the users

Thanks
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.