YAFLogo

ethan
  • ethan
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hello :)

I'm developping an asp.net website and I would like to use YAF 1.9.5.5 as a forum within my master page.

I read the README file in the YAF folder but i don't understand everything. I'm developping my website locally with visual studio 2010.

I copied te yaf folder inside my asp.net project and then renamed the recommanded-web.config file in /forum/web.config. I also changed the YAF.appRoot key to ~/forum.

The problem is that my website doesn't build anymore. I get the following error:

Quote:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

which is pointing to the /forum/web.config file, at this line:

Quote:

Any idea of what I should do?

Thank you 🙂
Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
12 years ago
ethan
  • ethan
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thank you for your help :)

I tried this but it didn't resolve the problem. However, I read somewhere that the problem was due to the existance of two web.config files in my app. One for my website and the one from YaF. So I merged them and now it works 🙂 The forum is embedded at http://localhost:53245/myWebsite/Views/Forum.aspx.

But, I have another problem. I tried to embed the forum within my site, using MasterPage. I used the YaF.dll and created my container. This works well and I can see the forum in my website. The problem is when I click on a link (a topic, my profile, ...) the forum open in full mode. It is not embedded anymore.

The url is like : http://localhost:50343/myWebsite/forum/yaf_topics1_Test-Forum.aspx

I think this is because the YaF files are hosted in the /forum folder in my website.

In web.config, I have this :

Quote:

I saw that those 2 lines are commented :

Quote:

Maybe there is something to do with these but I don't know what 😞
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.