YAFLogo

Cookiezzz
  • Cookiezzz
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
11 years ago
The final thing that i need to get to work is mailing.

I always get this error when i test the smtp settings in /install:

Failed to connect:

The configuration section cannot contain a CDATA or text element. (C:\inetpub\Runescape\Forum\mail.config line 6)

My mail.config looks like this:

network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" password="MYPASS" userName="something@gmail.com"

Anyone has an idea?

Sponsor
dillegummin
11 years ago
Seems to me you lack a tag "< />" around the network host.

So make it:

<smtp deliveryMethod="network" from="donotreply@Something.com">
 <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" password="MYPASS" userName="something@gmail.com" />
</smtp>
Cookiezzz
  • Cookiezzz
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
11 years ago
shame on me... :p

thanks alot:)

brianwatson
11 years ago
It seems that I’m not alone in having email setup problems but having read through this thread I’m not finding a solution either. In my case I get no errors but equally no mail is sent.

I’m running 1.9.5 and in mail.config I have

Where email_account@my_forum_domain.com is an actual email address.

Server_name I’ve tried Localhost, 127.0.0.1, external IP address and Server external address all to no avail

The Password is the users password

Domain_name\form_mail is the users login format\name as required by the exchange server, password reset and account unlocked just to verify all is OK.

The pickup area receiver mail and disseminates when other mailer code is used

In app.config I’ve tried setting YAF.UseSMTPSSL to both true and false.

In short nothing seems to help the mail process but as I say I’m not getting any errors either. Any ideas?

Neglected to add that YAF is running stand alone in a sub domain. The Server is 2008 Standard with IIS7. The Mail Server is Exchange Server 2007.

brianwatson
11 years ago
Trying a fresh install this time using 1.9.5.5 rather than 1.9.5.RC1 and when I reach the test email function I get:

Failed to connect:

There are multiple root elements. Line 12, position 2. (D:\HTML\users\**********.com\Forum1.9.5.5\YetAnotherForum.NET\mail.config line 12)

That is the line :

Does this help onyone point me in the right direction?

brianwatson
11 years ago
BTW I did spot in my original posting that I had ended which I tried changing to but that also failed to make a difference.
brianwatson
11 years ago
For other readers, I've resolved this. The user (email account) needed to be a member of the Exchange Trusted Subsystem