YAFLogo

markleeds
  • markleeds
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2011-02-24T21:27:42Z
Hi, I have be been using YAF for a while on my website, however the site was hosted on my webmasters account, and as I wanted control and everything in my name I have now created my own hosting account and have the website running.

The problem i am having (according to my webmaster) is that the current version of YAF is IIS 7.0 and the hosting plan i am using is IIS 6.0. He gave me a reason as to why we couldn't go to IIS 7.0 but didn't really follow what he was saying as I am new to web site building/ managing. So my question is, is there a way to continue using YAF (with my old posts etc) in IIS 6.0 as when I go to select YAF as a free tool in my hosting package is says that it is incompatible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsor
squirrel
2011-02-24T23:48:32Z
Originally Posted by: markleeds 

Hi, I have be been using YAF for a while on my website, however the site was hosted on my webmasters account, and as I wanted control and everything in my name I have now created my own hosting account and have the website running.

The problem i am having (according to my webmaster) is that the current version of YAF is IIS 7.0 and the hosting plan i am using is IIS 6.0. He gave me a reason as to why we couldn't go to IIS 7.0 but didn't really follow what he was saying as I am new to web site building/ managing. So my question is, is there a way to continue using YAF (with my old posts etc) in IIS 6.0 as when I go to select YAF as a free tool in my hosting package is says that it is incompatible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We run YAF on a Windows 2003 R2 webserver, which runs IIS-6, serving a forum of approx 2000 members with no issues.

You are having a configuration problem. YAF is ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 and 4.0 compatible (with a couple tweaks for the 4.0) and runs perfectly fine using IIS 6 or IIS 7 with SQL Express 2005 or 2008.

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
tommy382
2011-02-25T08:41:17Z
YAF1.95Final works on IIS6.0 fine but might have ran into an error IIS recycle the worker app pool. The work around is to go to Admin and force an application restart and it will work again (might need several restarts). I upgraded to IIS7.0 and IIS7.5 recently and works fine.