oldmuttonhead
2011-02-15T08:24:04Z
Hi everyone!

I have a new YAF installation, version 1.9.5.5 (BETA). Everything is working great except that I get an error during user registration. I've searched the forum for the error and found a couple of people asking about it, but no solutions. Here's the details:

YAF Version: 1.9.5.5 (BETA)
.NET Framework Version: 4.0
Hosted by Sectorlink
The only changes I have made is that I renamed default.aspx to forum.aspx per a YAF forum post as a suggestion to get YAF to work on an existing site. I changed it back to default.aspx to see if that was causing the issue and the error message was the same so I changed it back.

Here is the full error:

Quote:

Server Error in '/' Application.

UserName from CreateUserWizard is Null!
Parameter name: CreateUserWizard.UserName

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: UserName from CreateUserWizard is Null!
Parameter name: CreateUserWizard.UserName

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: UserName from CreateUserWizard is Null!
Parameter name: CreateUserWizard.UserName]
YAF.Pages.register.CreateUserWizard1_CreatingUser(Object sender, LoginCancelEventArgs e) +1458
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginCancelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, LoginCancelEventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnCreatingUser(LoginCancelEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +92
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +413
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +121
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +19
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +125
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +167
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Thanks in advance for all of your help!! 🙂

Rick
Sponsor
oldmuttonhead
2011-02-25T03:03:40Z
I've tried everything I can think of to fix this and can't find any solutions online anywhere. If anyone has anything I could try, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.