YAFLogo

Underground
13 years ago
Talking about editors...
I know there is an item in the issue list about using different editors within one board. But I am curious.
Is it technically possible to let the user select his/her favorite editor? I guess with every post, yaf should know with what editor the post is submitted (not checked if it does, but I assume it does).
And if it is possible, will this be made possible?

- Robert
My site containing the YAF forum: Globalcaching.eu 
Dimi
  • Dimi
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
13 years ago
Originally Posted by: Underground 

Talking about editors...
I know there is an item in the issue list about using different editors within one board. But I am curious.
Is it technically possible to let the user select his/her favorite editor? I guess with every post, yaf should know with what editor the post is submitted (not checked if it does, but I assume it does).
And if it is possible, will this be made possible?

- Robert

I guess the formats are absolutely different. After I switched to another editor the messages became much havier. The database grows much faster, although the messages are lookig better, we got different fonts and colors.
Dimi
UserPostedImage
Underground
13 years ago
Originally Posted by: Dimi 

I guess the formats are absolutely different.

Hence the reason why the type of editor shoot be part of the post entry in the database. You switched, so it is possible. I never tried it, too chicken.

Originally Posted by: Dimi 

After I switched to another editor the messages became much havier. The database grows much faster, although the messages are lookig better, we got different fonts and colors.

So, just like the forum style. The board has a setting if the user is allowed to overwrite the default editor.
Then the forum hoster can decide if the user can select a different editor.
My site containing the YAF forum: Globalcaching.eu 
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
13 years ago
Quote:

Is it technically possible to let the user select his/her favorite editor?

it schould be possible now, i implemented the code that yaf can automatically convert yaf bbcodes between html and bbcode Format.

Maybe an option that let the user choose between an bbcode editor or a html would be nice.
DavidT
  • DavidT
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
12 years ago
I'm using YAF 1.9.5.5 (for DNN) but can't find how to use the CKEditor (WYSIWYG) in it. I'm used to forums with this and reading this thread I understand it's included... screenshots here show how I'd like it to be working but I can't find how to get it running.

I see even this reply is using BB only which I don't like much and seems far too dated now. How do I get the WYSIWYG editor running?

NOTE: It's ok now, finally found it in Host Settings!
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.