YAFLogo

kurt_smack111
11 years ago
Hello Everyone,

During installation in my local machine i face error, when i run the application url display like :

"http://localhost:48440/install/default.aspx"

When i click the Test Database Collection it display following error:

Failed to connect:

Login failed for user 'yaf_user'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

plz help me out this problem...anyone..???

Thanks & regards

Krutarth Panchasara

Sponsor

squirrel
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: kurt_smack111 

Hello Everyone,

During installation in my local machine i face error, when i run the application url display like :

"http://localhost:48440/install/default.aspx"

When i click the Test Database Collection it display following error:

Failed to connect:

Login failed for user 'yaf_user'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

plz help me out this problem...anyone..???

Thanks & regards

Krutarth Panchasara

Modify your db.config. The connection line needs the parameter "Trusted_Connection=False" added to it (see below):

  <add name="yafnet" connectionString="server=SERVER_NAME_OR_IP;User Id=USERNAME;Password=PASSWORD;Trusted_Connection=False;database=DATABASE_NAME" />

Change the parameters in CAPS to match yours, add the "Trusted_Connection=False" and try again.


If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
squirrel
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: kurt_smack111 

Hello Everyone,

During installation in my local machine i face error, when i run the application url display like :

"http://localhost:48440/install/default.aspx"

When i click the Test Database Collection it display following error:

Failed to connect:

Login failed for user 'yaf_user'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

plz help me out this problem...anyone..???

Thanks & regards

Krutarth Panchasara

  <add name="yafnet" connectionString="server=SERVER_NAME_OR_IP;User Id=USERNAME;Password=PASSWORD;Trusted_Connection=False;database=DATABASE_NAME" />
Modify your db.config file, changing the parameters in ALL CAPS to the values your server is using, then add the parameter "Trusted_Connection=False" and try again.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
kurt_smack111
11 years ago
thank you so much Suqirrel for your kind response

I solve this problem i change my connection string as following:

adding Integrated Security=SSPI attribute into connection string it solve my problem

thank you so much for your guide line...

kurt_smack111
11 years ago
hi, squirrel

i want to ask you one more thing?

Is YAF working for VS2005 and SQL SERVER 2000?

Thanks in advance

squirrel
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: kurt_smack111 

hi, squirrel

i want to ask you one more thing?

Is YAF working for VS2005 and SQL SERVER 2000?

Thanks in advance

I believe you have to have atleast VS 2008 and SQL 2005 for 1.9.5 and above -- Jaben, bbobb, or tha_watcha would be able to clarify for sure.

Integrated Security parameter is another option as well, so glad it worked. I've had to use it as well but with different ASP.NET apps.


If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
kurt_smack111
11 years ago
thank you squirrel,

so is YAF 1.9.3 working fine in vs2005 and sql server 2000?

http://wiki.yetanotherforum.net/%28S%28h5q21s45ws0hdh55he0ar1iq%29%29/1_9.ashx 

in this link they write that "Your application will have to use membership, role, and profile providers" is it so...?

thanks in advance

squirrel
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: kurt_smack111 

thank you squirrel,

so is YAF 1.9.3 working fine in vs2005 and sql server 2000?

http://wiki.yetanotherforum.net/%28S%28h5q21s45ws0hdh55he0ar1iq%29%29/1_9.ashx 

in this link they write that "Your application will have to use membership, role, and profile providers" is it so...?

thanks in advance

I will have to double check regarding 1.9.3 -- for what it's worth, you can get "Express Editions" of VS 2008 and VS2010 as well as SQL2005 and 2008 - which are free to work with, just have minor limitations. As for the membership - I'm not sure I understand what you're asking --


If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
kurt_smack111
11 years ago
Originally Posted by: squirrel 

Originally Posted by: kurt_smack111 

thank you squirrel,

so is YAF 1.9.3 working fine in vs2005 and sql server 2000?

http://wiki.yetanotherforum.net/%28S%28h5q21s45ws0hdh55he0ar1iq%29%29/1_9.ashx 

in this link they write that "Your application will have to use membership, role, and profile providers" is it so...?

thanks in advance

I will have to double check regarding 1.9.3 -- for what it's worth, you can get "Express Editions" of VS 2008 and VS2010 as well as SQL2005 and 2008 - which are free to work with, just have minor limitations. As for the membership - I'm not sure I understand what you're asking --

thanks squirrel for your response...

i working on a product since 7 years and its not possible to upgrade on .net 3.5/3.0 for now.

so i choose YAF9.1.3 for integration in my application.

And about membership i want to ask you that in my application i manage user as per my requirement.i didn't use membership in my application...so when i'll use YAF9.1.3 with my application, will everything works fine?

thanks in advance