YAFLogo

Philthy
  • Philthy
  • 59% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2010-05-27T05:16:06Z
I want to remove some of the pagelinks i the header, specifically Inbox, buddies and members. How is this done?

Thnx

Sponsor
Philthy
  • Philthy
  • 59% (Neutral)
2010-05-28T05:14:34Z
I'm using ver. 1.9.4-RC1

The data for these pagelinks must come from some place. I thought it was as simple as finding this source and removing the items so that they are not rendered. Boy was I wrong....

There is a public enum ForumPages, but making any changes here, it seems, is not an option.

I've spent a couple of hours now, searching this forum from A to Z, and every time I find something that comes even lose to this issue, it pertains to older versions.

It must be possible to make changes to these links, right?

logan
  • logan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
2010-05-28T09:00:07Z
Inbox and Buddies will not show up if you disable the features in admin panel

uncheck Allow PM's

uncheck Enable buddies

Members cannot be removed without modified source

and recompilation of YAF.Controls dll.

YAF.Controls - Header.cs is the file you need

test
Philthy
  • Philthy
  • 59% (Neutral)
2010-05-31T08:49:37Z
Well, I got rid of buddies and inbox links in the admin module, like you suggested.

To remove the Members link from pagelinks, I did the following:

I opened the yetanotherforum.net solution (the .sln file in the YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC download) in VS2008. I then opened header.cs in YAF.Controls and commented out these lines:

if (YafServices.Permissions.Check(PageContext.BoardSettings.MembersListViewPermissions))

{

buildHeader.AppendFormat(

String.Format(" {1} | ", YafBuildLink.GetLink(ForumPages.members), PageContext.Localization.GetText("TOOLBAR", "MEMBERS")));

}

if (YafServices.Permissions.Check(PageContext.BoardSettings.MembersListViewPermissions))

{

buildHeader.AppendFormat(

String.Format(" {1} | ", YafBuildLink.GetLink(ForumPages.members), PageContext.Localization.GetText("TOOLBAR", "MEMBERS")));

}

I then re-compiled the solution and uploaded ALL the newly compiled .DLL's to the bin folder on the server.

This would be the same way to remove other links from pagelinks.

Hope others find this helpfull