LaurenceB
  •  LaurenceB
  • 72.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-03-31T15:11:03Z
Looking in the forums I was able to find an old post about a .txt file that had multiple sql insert statements that added the words into the database. I have modified the list with some regex that prevent the filter from filtering common words that have the curse or bad word inside of them. Also I took out some Non-US curse words that would not normally be used but again might be inside of a commonly used English word.

Location of XML file 

Original post of bad word list 
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-04-01T04:29:03Z
The feature is a very forum- and culture-specific. It's much more handy to enter it by hand 🙂.
LaurenceB
  •  LaurenceB
  • 72.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-04-01T07:25:32Z
I agree that any bad language filter would be culture specific and language specific I still think that most people don't understand that the bad word filter uses regular expressions and that even the Html code can be affected by the list. So I just put this out there as an example and a starting point so people don't have to start from scratch.
vr_driver
2014-07-30T01:16:18Z
Not sure what happened with the previous links, but they didn't work. I just made this XML file.
File Attachment(s):
YafReplaceWordsExport-1.xml (8kb) downloaded 142 time(s).
Zero2Cool
2014-07-30T13:35:54Z
Bloody is a word that needs to be filtered?? Crazy, bloody crazy!!!
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2014-08-05T12:47:31Z
Anyway, such a file is a good starting point if you have nothing.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.