Lawn Dork
2020-08-01T18:38:46Z
2020-08-01 14_38_07-Post New Topic.png

Click to View Image8 View(s)

I am having an issue where the Message: box on the post topic or reply pages don't show up. Console is throwing an error from ckeditor. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-08-03T01:02:13Z
Looks like a bug in the editor as posted here..

https://dev.ckeditor.com...ersion=0&cnum_hist=1 

What user user agent string?
UserPostedImage
Lawn Dork
2020-08-03T14:37:12Z
I'm using Chrome and my user agent string is:
Quote:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.105 Safari/537.36

Edit:
The linked solution didn't exactly work for me. It turns out ckeditor was incorrectly detecting the language for the editor box... I changed:
d = d || navigator.userLanguage || navigator.language || a;
to
d = navigator.language || d || navigator.userLanguage || a;

I don't know why it was sending d = 10 as the language, but changing the order of the or statement made the default select the language "en-US". The problem was the d = "10" failed the regex and errored. It seemed like navigator.language had the value that the regex was looking for... so I just made it the main statement in the or. I don't know if this will bite me in the ass in the future, though.

language.jpg

Click to View Image9 View(s)

I think I have it mostly working under the /forum/ directory in its own standalone project, again. I'm going to try to incorporate it into my project next.
tha_watcha
2020-08-04T09:24:03Z
Quote:

I don't know why it was sending d = 10 as the language, but changing the order of the or statement made the default select the language "en-US". The problem was the d = "10" failed the regex and errored. It seemed like navigator.language had the value that the regex was looking for... so I just made it the main statement in the or. I don't know if this will bite me in the ass in the future, though.

The d value is the language that is defined in the editor config.language. That is parsed by yaf. For some reason there is the wrong value parse from

BoardContext.Current.CultureUser.IsSet()
                        ? BoardContext.Current.CultureUser.Substring(0, 2)
                        : this.Get<BoardSettings>().Culture

UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.