YAFLogo

mika_soukhov
11 years ago
Got a permission issue. But I wanna save it into DB. Turned on Use File Table but with not luck.
Sponsor

f0zzyNUE
11 years ago
mika_soukhov wrote:

Got a permission issue. But I wanna save it into DB. Turned on Use File Table but with not luck.

Which filetype do you want to upload and which size does the file have?

mika_soukhov
11 years ago
f0zzyNUE wrote:

mika_soukhov wrote:

Got a permission issue. But I wanna save it into DB. Turned on Use File Table but with not luck.

Which filetype do you want to upload and which size does the file have?

It doesn't depend on size or extension (checked on png jpg xls doc, from small to big). Applied required permission to the folder (upload) and problem gone. But it's wrong. At the first I don't wanna keep files on HDD. And at the second, option Use File Table doesn't work.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
11 years ago
Quote:

Turned on Use File Table but with not luck.

Whats the Problem?

mika_soukhov
11 years ago
tha_watcha wrote:

Quote:

Turned on Use File Table but with not luck.

Whats the Problem?

Got a permission issue. Something like that Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\upload\XXXX.back.jpg' is denied.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
11 years ago
mika_soukhov wrote:

tha_watcha wrote:

Quote:

Turned on Use File Table but with not luck.

Whats the Problem?

Got a permission issue. Something like that Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\upload\XXXX.back.jpg' is denied.

Ah i didnt see you use 1.9.4. In 1.9.5 The File Table Feature should work.

mika_soukhov
11 years ago
tha_watcha wrote:

Ah i didnt see you use 1.9.4. In 1.9.5 The File Table Feature should work.

I'm using 1.9.4. Ok, will migrate if you say that error was in 1.9.4.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
11 years ago
mika_soukhov wrote:

tha_watcha wrote:

Ah i didnt see you use 1.9.4. In 1.9.5 The File Table Feature should work.

I'm using 1.9.4. Ok, will migrate if you say that error was in 1.9.4.

It was only a guess that it didnt work in 1.94. i looked in the Source Code of 1.95 and tested the feature if it worked, and it worked in newest build.

EssexMale
7 years ago
I have recently upgraded to version 2.2 from 2.1 and the upload feature no longer works.

You can click the paperclip, choose an existing file or upload a new one so I choose to add a new file, click START UPLOAD and the progress bar incrememnts and the JPG gets removed from the list but absolutely nothing happens. I have checked the UPLOADS folder and no new files exist in there. Previous to upgrading the feature worked perfectly. Also after the upgrade the access for file uploads for the admins & moderators set it'self to no when it was set to yes (allowed).

So many people ask how to upload a photo and removing the button & making it a paperclip means everyone will be asking me the same question. It took me a long time to find where the upload feature had moved to

There is also a bug in the admin section when you click the Digest button it says the digest key doesn't exist in the app setting section. If you add it then when you click on any forum it just refreshes the page & doesn't change. Adding that key says to make it the 'default.aspx' so I am guessing it just refreshes that page

Bug in default if you upgrade the default it put the logo back to the wrong file / directory and if you change the meta description you get a 500 server error.. Another annoyance is that when Google indeses the site and you look in Webmaster Tools you have so many duplicate page titles or descriptions with Google warning that this is bad for page ranking.

The thanks option and shoutbox still error and has done for almost 3 years so I had to hide it because the refresh or clicking the send button would cause the error.

Like always with YAF, never any detailed documents for upgrading, bug fixes or anything else. Not once in almost 3 years has any upgrade gone smoothly without screwing up something that was working. The same with integrating login it with an existing site username / password.

One feature I would love to have: MAKE EVERY POST / TOPIC PERSISTENT because if someone forgets to tick the box to do so it's unwantedly pruned. A lot of posts have been lost because of this. Like everyone else, I would like to remove all those YAF parts from every URL.

Any ideas on the above?

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
7 years ago
Originally Posted by: EssexMale 

You can click the paperclip, choose an existing file or upload a new one so I choose to add a new file, click START UPLOAD and the progress bar incrememnts and the JPG gets removed from the list but absolutely nothing happens. I have checked the UPLOADS folder and no new files exist in there. Previous to upgrading the feature worked perfectly.

Did you get any error messages in the browser console and/or event log? Are you using the File Table or file system (uploads) folder for uploads?

Originally Posted by: EssexMale 

There is also a bug in the admin section when you click the Digest button it says the digest key doesn't exist in the app setting section. If you add it then when you click on any forum it just refreshes the page & doesn't change. Adding that key says to make it the 'default.aspx' so I am guessing it just refreshes that page

Originally Posted by: EssexMale 

Bug in default if you upgrade the default it put the logo back to the wrong file / directory and if you change the meta description you get a 500 server error.. Another annoyance is that when Google indeses the site and you look in Webmaster Tools you have so many duplicate page titles or descriptions with Google warning that this is bad for page ranking.

Please log each bug individually in the GitHub issue tracker, and i can address it correctly and resolve it.

Originally Posted by: EssexMale 

The thanks option and shoutbox still error and has done for almost 3 years so I had to hide it because the refresh or clicking the send button would cause the error.

Feel free to also open an issue report on the github project page. But the first thing you need to check is the browser console, which JS error's it shows.

Originally Posted by: EssexMale 

One feature I would love to have: MAKE EVERY POST / TOPIC PERSISTENT because if someone forgets to tick the box to do so it's unwantedly pruned. A lot of posts have been lost because of this.

You can easily do this by modifiing the controls/PostOptions.ascx

change line from..

<asp:CheckBox ID="Persistency" runat="server" />

to...

<asp:CheckBox ID="Persistency" runat="server" Checked="True" />

Originally Posted by: EssexMale 

I would like to remove all those YAF parts from every URL.

If you mean the "yaf_" part then try the new advanced url format, it can be turned on via the app.config

<add key="YAF.UrlRewritingFormat" value="advanced" />