erikkl2000
2008-07-14T15:19:36Z
It sure would be the icing on the cake if you guys would show me how to integrate the aspnet_users with your dbo.yaf_User. This way my existing users can use there current username and passwords.

Any suggestions on an adhoc?

Erik
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-07-14T16:06:05Z
v1.9.3 has membership integration and is already in BETA.
erikkl2000
2008-07-15T05:01:16Z
Jaben wrote:

v1.9.3 has membership integration and is already in BETA.

Can you PLEASE send me the link to this beta download....

I can not find it..

Thanks a lot !

Erik
erikkl2000
2008-07-19T05:13:28Z
Thank you very much!

I am really ,Really enjoying the work you guys have put into this forum. Not only is it a great app it is also a great way for me to learn by looking at your work.

Thanks
Erik
skilesare
2008-07-30T10:31:12Z
How about a transition script? All my users are in aspnet_Membership...I need to get them over to yar_prov_Memebership I'm guessing or i need to add the yar_prov_Membership columns to my own.

The delima I have is that my forums are in the same web as my existing app. Is there a way to have two sets of role providers?
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-07-30T15:18:21Z
YAF supports membership -- you just use your existing ASP.NET membership setting and you will NOT be using yaf membership provider.

You can have two sets of role providers -- by using ASP.NET roles and specifying a different AppName than your existing roles app name.

Need to write "Everything there is to know about membership" help on the Wiki...