• Database: SQL 2017
  • Number of Posts: 1,186 [3.16% of all post / 0.25 posts per day]
  • Thanks Given: 285
  • Thanks Received: 111
  • Thanked Posts: 101
  • Community Reputation Received:
    100% (Exalted)
  • Medals:
    • Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!
Last 10 Posts
View All Posts by User

The YAF Website has been upgraded to the latest YAF 4.0.0 BETA and moved to a new server. Finally the new .NET Core Version can be tested live

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

This is awesome, Ingo! Very well done!

You're doing great, Ingo! 

Post back on how it goes with the upgrade! I'm also using Sample Application. My upgrade would be a little bit more involved as I'd have to re-add the Chat. My members rely on that thing like crazy haha. So I might hold off until v4 and do a big update! 😁

Originally Posted by: eutychus 

I will, but be patient with me. I won't be able to try it again until next Wednesday. I like to give myself lots of elbow room in case things go south and that's the next chance that I'll have that kind of time. I'll post any issues I have in this thread for you. Or you can message me privately, if you like.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Absolutely zero rush! Whenever I attempt an upgrade, I try to give myself two days because there's always something that kicks my butt, lol. It's usually my changes to layout and what not 😁

Does this mean V4 beta 6 is close to release?

Originally Posted by: ora 

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/releases 

I did download the newer version, but it gives me the download for the stand-alone version. I'm using the YAF Sample Application version which, I understand, has to be installed differently. Where can I download this?

Originally Posted by: eutychus 

Post back on how it goes with the upgrade! I'm also using Sample Application. My upgrade would be a little bit more involved as I'd have to re-add the Chat. My members rely on that thing like crazy haha. So I might hold off until v4 and do a big update! 😁

where do you find this chat? i just upgraded my site to 3.x and i dont see a chat function

Originally Posted by: silveradoss.net 

Here's the commit before it was removed from v3.xxx. If you want to use latest v3 YAF, you just compile the code, run the buildpackages and drop it in the /forum folder. (put the /bin in the root /bin folder. If my word salad is confusing here, let me know and I can type more smarter. lol

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAF.SampleWebApplication/commit/1ebcdff656ec922c97e15442996fd0d2a5b1c9b8 

any chance we can return the shoutbox as a feature to the forum.. or any type of real time chat?

Originally Posted by: silveradoss.net 

There's a chat with the Sample Application.

I created my own poor mans' shout for my site. I wanted to remove it, but many folks really love it. 🤷‍♂️

Can this be done easily ?

Originally Posted by: Phil D 

Yes. You can copy one of the existing Themes and modify it to your liking. Replacing the logo is as simply as adding a logo to the directory (I don't know it off hand) and then selecting that logo in the settings. OR you can just replace the existing logo with one of your own choosing.

The discussion was about the netcore version not that.net framework version!

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Yep! That is why I said "For clarity" as to avoid any confusion. 😉

What UI parts do you want to blend and are unable to? On my site, www.packershome.com I feel I've done a lot of customizing.

Originally Posted by: ora 

Sorry, I should clarify. I'd love to be able to use the SampleApp or NuGet packages for my website but since I can't get them to build probably I can't take advantage of those features. I figured it was being worked on, but if other people aren't having trouble then maybe it's on my end?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So, you download the Sample Application and immediately cannot get it to successfully build?

Sample Application → https://github.com/YAFNET/YAF.SampleWebApplication 

I just downloaded that source code and it built.

I'm using Visual Studio 2022 Community and Windows 10. I just loaded the Solution and did a right click "Build Solution" on the solution file.

1>Build succeeded.
1>    0 Warning(s)
1>    0 Error(s)
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:22.30
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Build completed at 7:23 AM and took 28.965 seconds ==========

For clarity, I'm currently using the netfx version of Sample Application. Found → https://github.com/YAFNET/YAF.SampleWebApplication/tree/netfx