YAFLogo

Posted by: mdavey - Saturday, 19 February 2022 22:21:18
After getting the sample web app published and running I found multiple errors caused by two missing jquery files - ~\YAF.SampleWebApplication-3.0.2\YAF.SampleWebApplication\Forum\Scripts\jquery.ForumAdminExtensions.js & ~\YAF.SampleWebApplication-3.0.2\YAF.SampleWebApplication\Forum\Scripts\ jquery.ForumExtensions.js Once replaced the app works fine except for one major bug -  When I attempt a new registration and hit the register button I get the following error - [attach]2231[/attach] Any ideas? Thanks  

Posted by: tha_watcha - Sunday, 20 February 2022 05:13:32
The Scripts exist in the Source Package. But its possible that there are not published. [quote]When I attempt a new registration and hit the register button I get the following error [/quote] Oh i think i found the problem the Zip Package was not up do date for the YAF SampleApplication 3.0.2. Re-download the files. now it includes the version 3.0.2

Posted by: mdavey - Wednesday, 23 February 2022 20:45:17
Now it works.  thanks. However, I can't get the smtp settings to work.  I have tried with 4 different known good email providers.  Here is an example - [code=markup] <smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="xxx@att.net">   <network host="smtp.mail.att.net" port="465" password="xxx" userName="xxx@att.net"/> </smtp>[/code] and another [code=markup]<smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="xxx@gmail.net">   <network host="smtp.gmail.net" port="465" password="xxx" userName="xxx@gmail.net"/> </smtp> [/code] I have the email set to the same as the providors above in the admin settings and gmails less secure connection option is turned on in the account. I keep getting back a reply that the smtp server returned an invalid response. Any thoughts? Thanks  

Posted by: tha_watcha - Thursday, 24 February 2022 08:22:19
Atleast for gmail the settings are wrong, it should be... [code=markup]<smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="xxx@gmail.com"> <network enableSsl="true" defaultCredentials="false" host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" password="xxx" userName="xxx" /> </smtp>[/code]

Posted by: mdavey - Thursday, 24 February 2022 16:52:07
The gmail string worked.  That was my preferred provider too! Thank you so much for your help and patience.