YAFLogo

rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
8 years ago
I am getting several errors on my forum page:

Visiting the page initially many times shows no forums on the page...just the header/footer. Refreshing the page will display the forums normally.

I have attempted to get Full Text SQL search working on YAF...and have given up. It does not work. Enabling it breaks the search in YAF. YAF search works fine as long as this is not enabled. But now search on the rest of my DNN site (Lucene) is now broken...have no idea what is going on there...but it was working before I starting messing with YAF FullText...

But here are the errors -----

First this is logged often:

http://xxx.xxxx.org/Default.aspx?TabId=124&g=admin_reindex&language=en-US&IMAC-Forum ). System.ApplicationException: Unable to find the Guest User! at YAF.Core.LoadPageFromDatabase.Handle(InitPageLoadEvent event)[/b]

I am also getting this error all the time:

Error while Syncing dnn userprofile with Yaf System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Common.Globals.NavigateURL() at YAF.DotNetNuke.DotNetNukeUrlBuilder.BuildUrlComplete(Object boardSettings, String url, Boolean fullURL) at YAF.DotNetNuke.DotNetNukeUrlBuilder.BuildUrl(Object boardSettings, String url) at YAF.Utils.YafBuildLink.GetBasePath(YafBoardSettings boardSettings) at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.SaveDnnAvatar(String fileId, Int32 yafUserId, Guid portalGUID, YafBoardSettings boardSettings) at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.SyncYafProfile(Int32 yafUserId, YafUserProfile yafUserProfile, IUserData yafUserData, UserInfo dnnUserInfo, Guid portalGUID, YafBoardSettings boardSettings) at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.UpdateUserProfile(Int32 yafUserId, YafUserProfile yafUserProfile, IUserData yafCurrentUserData, UserInfo dnnUserInfo, MembershipUser membershipUser, Int32 portalID, Guid portalGuid, YafBoardSettings boardSettings, Boolean ignoreLastUpdated)

As well as this one:

Error while Syncing dnn userprofile with Yaf System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Entities.Users.UserProfile.get_PhotoURL() at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.SyncYafProfile(Int32 yafUserId, YafUserProfile yafUserProfile, IUserData yafUserData, UserInfo dnnUserInfo, Guid portalGUID, YafBoardSettings boardSettings) at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.UpdateUserProfile(Int32 yafUserId, YafUserProfile yafUserProfile, IUserData yafCurrentUserData, UserInfo dnnUserInfo, MembershipUser membershipUser, Int32 portalID, Guid portalGuid, YafBoardSettings boardSettings, Boolean ignoreLastUpdated)

Sponsor
rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
I am not sure if this is somehow related but we delete a lot of extraneous profile fields from the standard DNN user profile as well as add several custom fields. We set up the profile and imported users from the old system and then decided we needed to have the photo field in DNN since we discovered it was tied to the YAF avatar system.

We added the photo field back to the user profile...but 99% of our users do not have photos at this point...so it is possible that these users do not have a profile property in the table associated with the Photo. It would seem to me that the Profile sync process should handle this without throwing errors...and I am not sure it is related....BUT...it SEEMS to point at something like this as being an issue.

Roy

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 4.0.0 rc 2
8 years ago
Regarding the synching errors those are caused by some changes in the dnn API since version 7.40. This will be fixed in YAF 2.2.3 until then the workaround would be to turn off automatic user sync in the settings.
rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply!

a couple of questions...

If I turn off auto user sync then how does it work when a new user registers at the site?

how do I debug email flow...the forum is not sending emails for watched topics anymore....?

I get the random "unable to find quest user" when logged in as host and forum crashes...and logs me out of DNN...

I have 1 week left before I have to take this live and I am freaking out right now!!!

Thanks for ANY HELP....you can point my way...

R

rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
never mind...deleted the sync items completely from the scheduler and restarted app...appears to have resolved the continuing errors.
rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Still the question remains...is the current version unusable on a DNN install now since we have to turn off the sync feature? Is there another way to deal with new users registering on the site?
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
8 years ago
I upload an updated version on the weekend that fixes the issue.
rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
You are DA MAN !!!!!!!

I was just pulling out my hair trying to figure out what to do with this...THANK YOU!

But the one I see link to the page to download is the same version I have installed....Where do I get the fixed version?

rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Or are you saying you WILL upload a fixed version over this COMING weekend?

sorry for the confusion...

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
8 years ago
Yes I will upload, right now don't have any free time
rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Understood...thank you very much!
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
8 years ago
I uploaded a new Build

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET-DNN/releases/tag/v2.2.2-5731 

Be aware that only the sync issue are fixed, no other changes.

rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Ingo...

THANK YOU! i really appreciate your time and effort. This will get me back on track!

Roy

rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Ingo...

Attempts to install this build are not working....get several errors:

Install fails to Content Pane:

StackTrace:

at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Pane.InjectModule(ModuleInfo module)

at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectModule(Pane pane, ModuleInfo module)

and when I uninstall this build I get this error:

Uninstall Error:

SQL Execution resulted in following Exceptions: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not drop object 'dbo.yaf_Board' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScriptInternal(String connectionString, String script) ClientConnectionId:9e18fb66-7edb-42fa-84fe-bc073cc847f5 Error Number:3726,State:1,Class:16 if exists (select top 1 1 from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'dbo.[yaf_Board]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsUserTable') = 1) DROP TABLE dbo.yaf_Board

rbarrow
  • rbarrow
  • 82% (Honored)
8 years ago
Attempted multiple times on different pages... uninstalled, restarted server, manually cleaned up DB and reinstalled....same errors.

Just letting you know...

Thanks,

Roy