YAFLogo

francoz
  • francoz
  • 82.4% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi,

I have just installed the new 1.9.6.1 RTW release and after some fine tuning on images' sizes I can say it works flawlessly a part from one problem. The new mobile theme is great, but on some devices like iPads users prefer the full version of the site where unfortunately threads show posts in weird ways: some are wider than others with no apparent reason. All was working well with the previous forum version, a part from the fact that a mobile theme was not fully implemented, of course.

A screenshot from my IOS 5 iPhone is attached.

Is there a way to solve this issue, eventually with some code from the old forum software?

Anothere minor problem is removing signatures from the mobile forum theme. Can this be done?

Sponsor
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 4.0.0 rc 2
12 years ago

Hi,

I have just installed the new 1.9.6.1 RTW release and after some fine tuning on images' sizes I can say it works flawlessly a part from one problem. The new mobile theme is great, but on some devices like iPads users prefer the full version of the site where unfortunately threads show posts in weird ways: some are wider than others with no apparent reason. All was working well with the previous forum version, a part from the fact that a mobile theme was not fully implemented, of course.

A screenshot from my IOS 5 iPhone is attached.

Is there a way to solve this issue, eventually with some code from the old forum software?

Anothere minor problem is removing signatures from the mobile forum theme. Can this be done?

Originally Posted by: francoz 

Remove this line from the Default.aspx

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,user-scalable=yes"/>

This doesnt work when the logo is too big or there is large image posted or in the signature.

You can hide the Signature via the theme.css file via css

.yafnet .yafsignature {display:none}
francoz
  • francoz
  • 82.4% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
12 years ago

Remove this line from the Default.aspx

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,user-scalable=yes"/>

This doesnt work when the logo is too big or there is large image posted or in the signature.

You can hide the Signature via the theme.css file via css

.yafnet .yafsignature {display:none}

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

This greatly improved user experience. The forum now displays perfectly on all mobile devices. Why not include these lines of code in the standard release?