Hi, i am totally lost, am trying to install yet another forum and am having config errors also when i install on my server i am getting an error with the authientication error on line 30.

I have installed and sucessfully created the database with sql server 2005, i have also copied across the web.config from the configs folder, now i didn't create the forum as a virtual folder and have changed the app.config to point towards the root folder, i have copied the bin files to the bin directory. When i try to install from the directory i'm getting this server error.

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 28: <customErrors mode="Off"/>
Line 29: <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"/>
Line 30: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 31: <forms name=".YAFNET_Authentication" protection="All" timeout="43200" cookieless="UseCookies"/>
Line 32: </authentication>

Source File: d:\websites\*********\www\yafforum\yetanotherforum.net\web.config Line: 30

If anyone can help me i would appreciate it please.

John
Topic Starter
  • gladminds
    50.6%
Hi I'm getting the same error, did you find a solution to this?
  • sjeev
    51.2%
In folder webconfigs or everwhere. You have 2 web.config in project .please exclude its.
  • ekaforce
    51.2%
Test Post
  • ekaforce
    51.2%