Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jaben  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 12:49:15 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
YAF v1.9.4 RC1 (Dated: 12/8/2009)

v1.9.4 is .NET v3.5 SP1 ONLY!

Rock stars of this release: Kamyar, Bbobb! Also thank you Herman_Herman, Mek, and Balbes for help with this release!

Note: In v1.9.4 the AppSettings have changed! YAF.Root is now YAF.AppRoot! There is a new AppSetting: YAF.FileRoot which defaults to AppRoot but can be set to something different if desired. Also added is BaseUrlMask which is the server value override for all external links (e.g. links from emails, etc.). Read the included app.config file comments for more information.

Note: In v1.9.4, the name of the upload folder has changed! Rename from "upload" to "uploads"!

Languages
Languages may be out of date to the latest in english.xml. Help with this is appreciated.

Contributing to YAF
How can you support YAF, you ask? Just help a bit. Test the software and post bugs. Answer a few questions on this forum for other, less knowledgeable, YAF admins. If you really want to go crazy, write a little documentation in the wiki...

Bug Reports
Please post your v1.9.4 problem threads in this forum: http://forum.yetanotherf...2_Bugs-and-Problems.aspx

DNN
DNN Module Will be Put Up Again when I get some time... it's the holidays folks.

API Documentation
YafAPIDocumentation.chm is the compiled docs for the YAF v1.9.4 beta API. It provides a nice way to search or lookup related classes. Currently, it's rather limited as real API documentation is very time consuming (e.g. examples, "see also"Wink. It will be evolving over time.

Compiling
If you do want to compile the source, please download Visual Studio 2008 Express.

SRC: Includes the compiled forum and forum page files with full source and binaries for NET v3.5 SP1.
BIN: Includes the compiled forum and forum page files without the source for NET v3.5 SP1.

YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC.zip
YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-BIN.zip

Edited by user Monday, May 31, 2010 10:40:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 11 users thanked Jaben for this useful post.
daveburke on 12/8/2009(UTC), Masil on 12/8/2009(UTC), herman_herman on 12/9/2009(UTC), Hydra on 12/9/2009(UTC), Kamyar on 12/11/2009(UTC), newbie on 12/18/2009(UTC), simdual on 12/27/2009(UTC), oziozi on 2/10/2010(UTC), daonhan on 5/3/2010(UTC), doxa123 on 5/24/2010(UTC), cbeny on 7/29/2010(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline Jaben  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 12:57:14 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

I just want to reiterate: I really appreciate the help with YAF from Kamyar and Bbobb on this release. You guys made this release like Christmas with some wonderful additions to YAF!
thanks 3 users thanked Jaben for this useful post.
logan on 12/8/2009(UTC), b@-@d on 12/8/2009(UTC), newbie on 12/18/2009(UTC)
Offline logan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:12:57 PM(UTC)
logan

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 56 post(s)
ThumpUp You guys just keep on rockin it.

All the new additions, one word AWESOME. Thanks to everyone on the YAF Dev team.

This is one man standing in applause.
test
Offline daveburke  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:46:17 PM(UTC)
daveburke

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to Dave for creating the Sueetie Open Source Project.Medal of Honor Thumbs Up!: Given to community members who are doing very cool things with the YAF project.

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I didn't expect to see RC1 for a while yet. You guys are smokin' hot! Congrats to Jaben, Kamyar and everyone on the YAF Dev Team. Thank you!

-Dave
Offline Jaben  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:37:57 PM(UTC)
Jaben

daveburke wrote:
I didn't expect to see RC1 for a while yet. You guys are smokin' hot! Congrats to Jaben, Kamyar and everyone on the YAF Dev Team. Thank you!

-Dave

Frankly, there haven't really been many issues with Beta 3. The new features might need some tweaking, but I don't really expect new features to ever be 100% perfect. Hopefully not famous last words... Blink

Edited by user Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:39:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cct  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 3:32:56 PM(UTC)
cct

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
nice work! can't wait to test it out...
Offline b@-@d  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:24:09 PM(UTC)
b@-@d

cct wrote:
nice work! can't wait to test it out...

me too..

I'm the newbie here just for a few days. But I found the YAF 1.9.4 beta3 is really easy to configure & deploy. Thanks you gugs did the great job.
Offline bertb  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 9:37:01 PM(UTC)
bertb

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Great work guys! I wasn't expecting a RC1 that soon. Smile
Never say "OOPS!" always say "Ah, Interesting!"
Offline microsoul  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:56:50 AM(UTC)
microsoul

I have this error:

FILE:
mssql/procedures.sql

ERROR:
Il nome di colonna 'IsDeleted' non è valido.

STATEMENT:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[yaf_pmessage_list](@FromUserID int=null,@ToUserID int=null,@UserPMessageID int=null) AS
BEGIN
SELECT PMessageID, UserPMessageID, FromUserID, FromUser, ToUserID, ToUser, Created, Subject, Body, Flags, IsRead, IsInOutbox, IsArchived, IsDeleted
FROM [dbo].[yaf_PMessageView]
WHERE ((@UserPMessageID IS NOT NULL AND UserPMessageID=@UserPMessageID) OR
(@ToUserID IS NOT NULL AND ToUserID = @ToUserID) OR (@FromUserID IS NOT NULL AND FromUserID = @FromUserID))
ORDER BY Created DESC
END
Descrizione: Eccezione non gestita durante l'esecuzione della richiesta Web corrente. Per ulteriori informazioni sull'errore e sul suo punto di origine nel codice, vedere l'analisi dello stack.

Dettagli eccezione: System.Exception: FILE:
mssql/procedures.sql

ERROR:

STATEMENT:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[yaf_pmessage_list](@FromUserID int=null,@ToUserID int=null,@UserPMessageID int=null) AS
BEGIN
SELECT PMessageID, UserPMessageID, FromUserID, FromUser, ToUserID, ToUser, Created, Subject, Body, Flags, IsRead, IsInOutbox, IsArchived, IsDeleted
(@ToUserID IS NOT NULL AND ToUserID = @ToUserID) OR (@FromUserID IS NOT NULL AND FromUserID = @FromUserID))
ORDER BY Created DESC
END

Errore nel codice sorgente:

Il codice sorgente che ha generato questa eccezione non gestita può essere visualizzato soltanto durante la compilazione in modalità di debug. Per attivare tale modalità, eseguire una delle operazioni descritte di seguito, quindi richiedere l'URL:

1) Aggiungere una direttiva "Debug=true" all'inizio del file che ha generato l'errore. Esempio:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

Oppure:

2) Aggiungere la seguente sezione al file di configurazione dell'applicazione:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Se si utilizza la seconda tecnica, tutti i file all'interno dell'applicazione verranno compilati in modalità di debug. Con la prima tecnica verrà invece compilato in modalità di debug solo il file interessato.

Importante: l'esecuzione di applicazioni in modalità di debug causa un sovraccarico della memoria o una riduzione delle prestazioni. Assicurarsi che il debug di un'applicazione sia disattivato prima di distribuirla in un contesto di produzione.

Analisi dello stack:

[Exception: FILE:
mssql/procedures.sql

ERROR:

STATEMENT:
BEGIN
ORDER BY Created DESC
END]
YAF.Classes.Data.DB.system_initialize_executescripts(String script, String scriptFile, Boolean useTransactions) +613
YAF.Install._default.ExecuteScript(String scriptFile, Boolean useTransactions) +240
YAF.Install._default.UpgradeDatabase(Boolean fullText) +74
YAF.Install._default.Wizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +976
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +418
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +19
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +118
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +166
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

My Forum: Synology italia
Offline kainthedragoonx  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:15:42 AM(UTC)
kainthedragoonx

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Here we go! Twisted Evil Let's hope all my log-in issues go away now!
Offline herman_herman  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:14:04 AM(UTC)
herman_herman

Medals: Medal of Honor for the SQL Scout: Medal for kicking ass at SQL and helping with database development.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for The Eyes of the Community: Given for being a community hawk, always watching and helping fellow users.

Man
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Jaben wrote:
I just want to reiterate: I really appreciate the help with YAF from Kamyar and Bbobb on this release. You guys made this release like Christmas with some wonderful additions to YAF!

Definitely...Also don't forget yourselfWink
Half of my life was elapsed in front of monitors, waiting for progress bars to reach their 100%.
Offline johnnynine  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 12:48:56 PM(UTC)
johnnynine

I just upgraded from 1.9.1.6 and I get an error when trying to sign in. I didn't get any errors when installing/upgrading but when I try to sign in I get the following error:

Quote:
Failure
There's been a system error processing your request. Please contact the forum admin explaining what you were doing when it happened.
Continue...

So I can't sign in, but I can view the forum.

Is there any way to find out what the actual error is and how to correct it?

Johnny

Edited by user Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:55:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bbobb  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:08:53 PM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Set
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="Off"/>
Offline Hydra  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:15:58 PM(UTC)
Hydra

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Seems to be working fine on my end. Good job to everyone involved.
Offline johnnynine  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:32:38 PM(UTC)
johnnynine

I restored version 1.9.1.6 and ran the install/upgrade again. This time I do not get an error when signing in, but none of the previous signins work... it says the username or password is wrong.

I also attempted to create a new user but got the following error:

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RoleID', table 'Forum.dbo.yaf_prov_RoleMembership'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

The stack trace indicates that it occurs at: YAF.Providers.Roles.YafRoleProvider.AddUsersToRoles(String[] usernames, String[] roleNames)

The first time I upgraded I rememeber seeing the installer mention migrating the users, but I don't recall that this time.

I guess I'll give it YAT... yet another try.

Johnny

Edited by user Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:33:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed