ahffl
I have an existing YAF that had a relatively simple main page. Ive since added some java scripting with a news scroller and a widget above the forum itself. Users requested the ability to hide/show this section on demand and I accomplished that through java scripting but...

YAF appears to be triggering a page refresh or onclick event any time they enter a different forum/thread. If the user had previously selected to hide the area I mentioned above, the page refresh/onclick is triggering the hidden section to display again (as if first entering the page). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
ahffl
i should describer further that the page is designed with a good amount of content above the actual forum. It is within that content that is refreshed when a forum link is selected.

Page Contents:

Logo Image
Html + java scripts
forum

i am looking to hide/show the html + java scripts on demand (which ive been able to do but it is being redisplayed each time the user selects a new forum link)