watadoo
starting this afternoon all users are unable to view posts, login, create accounts without getting the old:
"there has been a serious error loading the forums. No further info is available. pleas contact the administrator if this message persists"

it does persist. I'm locked out of logging in to my own forums except on one machine with one accuont -- which can get to he admin but can not view any posts. three other machines which i used on managing the community are totally locked out and can only view main categories and forums but not posts in guest mode.

visiting guests can view categories and forums but not threads, cannot create accounts nor log in.

http://forums.doubletwist.com 

we've been up and running since February and I was even on the community this morning posting and reading. Never had a problem.

Now, with nothing touched in the admin console, we're basically laying face down in the water.

We've had this message since day one if the admin console when trying to create or edit ranks, but never in the main forum area. Does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this. This is our main tech support area and we just today launched a new product. The last action that worked was an new thread to announce the new product and a mail queued up to sent a notice to the 1,400 members of the community.
"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"
"I don't know, and I don't care."
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
watadoo
this is the error i get as a logged in admin when trying to view a post

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.set_Item(TKey key, TValue value)
at YAF.Providers.Roles.YafRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) at System.Web.Security.Roles.GetRolesForUser(String username) at YAF.Controls.DisplayPost.FormatUserBox() at ASP.controls_displaypost_ascx.__DataBind__control6(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding)
at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at YAF.Pages.posts.BindData() at YAF.Pages.posts.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

UserPostedImage
watadoo
This is what a guest gets when trying to view a posts.

System.FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address. at System.Net.Mime.MailBnfHelper.ReadMailAddress(String data, Int32& offset, String& displayName)
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress.ParseValue(String address) at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding) at YAF.Classes.Utils.SendMailThread.SendMailThreaded(Int32 uniqueId)

UserPostedImage
watadoo
upgraded to new build and the problem went away.
UserPostedImage
Jaben
weird. Thanks for your detailed log the account. I think I'm going to put an email verification section in the send mail code...
watadoo
Upgrading also solved the long-standing error when trying to create or edit ranks. same vague mysterious warning. Gone! Now I can finally create a ranking ladder. whew. Happy Friday for me.
UserPostedImage
mddubs
watadoo wrote:

Happy Friday for me.

I took the day off yesterday and I forgot it was Friday. Thanks :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )