shefali
Hi all

I want to use yetanotherforum as forum of my website..
I have an existing website and I want to add forum functionality to that website..
Now can you tell me how to setup yetanotherforum as forum of my website??
shefali
I also want to have only one login for all facilities of the site means I dont want to have separate login for the forum.So how can I maintain the common login for my site and the forum?
Plz reply its very essential..
Sagar
Even I am looking for this type of solution. I already have a site where users need to login to access content. I want to include forum on this site, but there should not be separate login required for this forum - it should refer the original logging details from the parent site. I am not a techy as such, so a for-dummy solution would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mek
Depends entirely on whether your existing site uses asp.net membership or not? If its a .net site look in your web.config for MembershipProvider (open it up in notepad).

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
shefali
yes my existing site uses asp membership
so what steps should i take now to add this as forum.?
Mek
Easiest way is to setup YAF in a subdomain; this means you won't have mess around with merging the web.configs. Once you've setup the subdomain and copied the YAF files to it, you'd need to edit the web.config of YAF to use the same provider settings as your main application's web.configs provider settings.

In the install you can tell YAF to use an existing user as the admin rather than create a new one.

UserPostedImage 

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
shefali
but than how will i maintain same login for all my site users. as i dont want to have separate users for forum and the rest of the site..
Mek
Because the membership, roles and profile providers will be changed on the YAF web.config to point to your existing site membership.
UserPostedImage 

shefali
as i m new to this yet another forum.
so can u plese tell me in detail where will the changes occur.