Jabcor
Edit: I found an resolution to my first issue, however it brought me to my next issue when attempting to log in to the config:

Quote:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 545: private void FixAccess( bool bGrant )
Line 546: {
Line 547: DB.system_initialize_fixaccess(bGrant);
Line 548: }
Line 549: #endregion

Source File: d:\hshome\hostv3\dev\install\default.aspx.cs Line: 547

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
YAF.Classes.Config.get_ConnectionString() +25
YAF.Classes.Data.YafDBConnManager.InitConnection() +90
YAF.Classes.Data.DB.system_initialize_fixaccess(Boolean grant) +50
YAF.Install._default.FixAccess(Boolean bGrant) in d:\hshome\hostv3\dev\install\default.aspx.cs:547
YAF.Install._default.UpgradeDatabase(Boolean fullText) in d:\hshome\hostv3\dev\install\default.aspx.cs:273
YAF.Install._default.Wizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) in d:\hshome\hostv3\dev\install\default.aspx.cs:205
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +418
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +19
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +118
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +166
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I should also add that the first time I did this, I got an error that told me to add a plain text password in the app.config file. So I did that, and got the above. Not even sure where to look now.
Sponsor
Jabcor
Hi, is there any other information that is needed to help figure this issue out?
jshepler
Thanks for including the stack trace. The ConnectionSting property in YAF.Classes.Config class is hard-coded to look for a connectionstring named yafnet. You must have a connection string in web.config (or db.config if you keep yaf's web.config) named yafnet.
not jsheLPer
Jabcor
Ahh yes. I had changed it to what I had set in the previous version. I just added the yaf connection.