h1timmboy
I keep getting the following error when I try using YAF v1.9.3-RC2

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Attempt to access the method failed.

Source Error:

Line 106:      <providers>
Line 107:        <clear/>
Line 108:        <add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafMembershipProvider" requiresUniqueEmail="true" useSalt="true" type="YAF.Providers.Membership.YafMembershipProvider"/>
Line 109:      </providers>
Line 110:    </membership>

Source File: E:\0\1\89\36\1089851\user\1136040\htdocs\web.config    Line: 108

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

I'm using the "recommended-web.config" but got the same error with the other included configs as well. I'm trying to use YAF in a directory underneath my main domain like: http://www.myname.com/forums/  and have made sure to put the Bin and App_Code in the right directory. Is this related to the trust level for the .dll files? Unfortunately my webhost won't let me set the trust level to full. Any help on this when you guys have a chance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Skiltz
Did you resolve this? I am getting the same error message: The website works fine on my local machine but not on host. Website is running in FULL Trust.

Thanks,
Matthew

Parser Error Message: YAF.Providers.Membership.YafMembershipProvider..ctor()

Source Error:

Line 106: <providers>
Line 107: <clear />
Line 108: <add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafMembershipProvider" requiresUniqueEmail="true" useSalt="true" type="YAF.Providers.Membership.YafMembershipProvider" />
Line 109: </providers>
Line 110: </membership>

h1timmboy
Hi Skiltz, unfortunately I was not able to and have moved on to other things.
jasonshortphd
Not sure about your specific error case. But usually that error happens when the database referenced through your connection does not have the correct tables to support the membership provider.

So for YAF I would think that means maybe you have an older database format, or the provider in your BIN directory needs to be updated.

mothswiller
There are security issues with using a Custom Provider in a shared environment see this thread