schworak
DJGray wrote:

schworak wrote:

That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I am a developer myself and I know how much work goes into these types of things. But normally, even in a freeware type of situation, there is an RC3 in that amount of time or something. I just hadn't seen anything in the way of patches (may have missed it) so thougth I should ask.

Good to see it hasn't stalled. I think it is a fantastic forum. I started writing my own then saw that 1.9.3 was under way with all the features I wanted so I put mine on the shelf. Editable BB codes was my number one item on the wish list. So I am super happy to see that.
Jaben
schworak wrote:

DJGray wrote:

schworak wrote:

That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I am a developer myself and I know how much work goes into these types of things. But normally, even in a freeware type of situation, there is an RC3 in that amount of time or something. I just hadn't seen anything in the way of patches (may have missed it) so thougth I should ask.

Good to see it hasn't stalled. I think it is a fantastic forum. I started writing my own then saw that 1.9.3 was under way with all the features I wanted so I put mine on the shelf. Editable BB codes was my number one item on the wish list. So I am super happy to see that.

Here's the link: https://sourceforge.net/...9&sel_platform=15598 

I'll update the support site tomorrow with changelog and actual post.
jpareti
Jaben -- congratulations on the release!!
herman_herman
Hello
My sincere congratulation on release.Hard works resulted in success.

Please note that there is a problem with clean installation from sourceforge release:

Quote:

"Could not find dbo.yaf_board_list..."

I bypassed it by commenting out line 58 in Default.aspx.cs in install folder and everything worked flawlessly.
I don't know if this is just something for me but the forum performance blow out dust everywhere.Thumb up guys:-d
Jaben
Thanks herman_herman... a little release oversight. The package has been updated.
DJGray
Sorry for the obtuse question here. What's involved in deploying the new release?

Is it just a matter of copying the new over the existing and making appropriate alterations to the web.config?
Are there any updates to the DB?

john123
Hi Jaben
You have done a great job.
Jaben
john123 wrote:

Hi Jaben
You have done a great job.

Thank you John.
jann
ivanpank wrote:

Is there anything wrong here?