Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
9 Pages«<789
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline schworak  
#121 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:21:20 AM(UTC)
schworak

DJGray wrote:
schworak wrote:
That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I am a developer myself and I know how much work goes into these types of things. But normally, even in a freeware type of situation, there is an RC3 in that amount of time or something. I just hadn't seen anything in the way of patches (may have missed it) so thougth I should ask.

Good to see it hasn't stalled. I think it is a fantastic forum. I started writing my own then saw that 1.9.3 was under way with all the features I wanted so I put mine on the shelf. Editable BB codes was my number one item on the wish list. So I am super happy to see that.
Offline Jaben  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:30:13 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
schworak wrote:
DJGray wrote:
schworak wrote:
That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I am a developer myself and I know how much work goes into these types of things. But normally, even in a freeware type of situation, there is an RC3 in that amount of time or something. I just hadn't seen anything in the way of patches (may have missed it) so thougth I should ask.

Good to see it hasn't stalled. I think it is a fantastic forum. I started writing my own then saw that 1.9.3 was under way with all the features I wanted so I put mine on the shelf. Editable BB codes was my number one item on the wish list. So I am super happy to see that.

Here's the link: https://sourceforge.net/...9&sel_platform=15598

I'll update the support site tomorrow with changelog and actual post.
Offline jpareti  
#123 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:59:02 PM(UTC)
jpareti

Jaben -- congratulations on the release!!
Offline herman_herman  
#124 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:16:40 AM(UTC)
herman_herman

Medals: Medal of Honor for the SQL Scout: Medal for kicking ass at SQL and helping with database development.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for The Eyes of the Community: Given for being a community hawk, always watching and helping fellow users.

Man
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hello
My sincere congratulation on release.Hard works resulted in success.

Please note that there is a problem with clean installation from sourceforge release:

Quote:
"Could not find dbo.yaf_board_list..."

I bypassed it by commenting out line 58 in Default.aspx.cs in install folder and everything worked flawlessly.
I don't know if this is just something for me but the forum performance blow out dust everywhere.Thumb up guysVery Happy
Half of my life was elapsed in front of monitors, waiting for progress bars to reach their 100%.
Offline Jaben  
#125 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:27:26 AM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Thanks herman_herman... a little release oversight. The package has been updated.
Offline DJGray  
#126 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 12:39:09 PM(UTC)
DJGray

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sorry for the obtuse question here. What's involved in deploying the new release?

Is it just a matter of copying the new over the existing and making appropriate alterations to the web.config?
Are there any updates to the DB?

Offline john123  
#127 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 11:20:24 PM(UTC)
john123

Hi Jaben
You have done a great job.
Offline Jaben  
#128 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:06:13 AM(UTC)
Jaben

john123 wrote:
Hi Jaben
You have done a great job.

Thank you John.
Offline jann  
#129 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:30:42 AM(UTC)
jann

ivanpank wrote:
Is there anything wrong here?

line 529, file ReplaceRules.cs

private string _replaceFormat = "黢襸1}曛{0}蹑?;

I got error here,too!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:33:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed