Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
9 Pages«<6789>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kminhmer  
#106 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 10:54:23 AM(UTC)
kminhmer

Hey, I think i have many question for YAF. I decide to use it for my project. Everyone please to help me?
LG
Offline wardda  
#107 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 9:16:36 PM(UTC)
wardda

Hello,

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone knows if there is going to be another RC or if this is going to go straight to production?

Thanks,
Dan
Offline Mek  
#108 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:04:36 AM(UTC)
Mek

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
straight to production
UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon Smile )
Offline wardda  
#109 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 6:07:31 AM(UTC)
wardda

That is great to hear, I know it will be done when it is done, but do you have a rough feel for a ballpark date? If not is it easy to install a build from the current source and then update a live site once the RC goes gold?

Thanks,
Dan
Offline herman_herman  
#110 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 3:56:52 PM(UTC)
herman_herman

Medals: Medal of Honor for the SQL Scout: Medal for kicking ass at SQL and helping with database development.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for The Eyes of the Community: Given for being a community hawk, always watching and helping fellow users.

Man
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Mek wrote:
straight to production

Wow..good to hear that
Half of my life was elapsed in front of monitors, waiting for progress bars to reach their 100%.
Offline Ederon  
#111 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:28:12 PM(UTC)
Ederon

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Red Supporter: Thank you Daniel for supporting YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
wardda wrote:
That is great to hear, I know it will be done when it is done, but do you have a rough feel for a ballpark date?

Definitely yet this year...if Jaben keeps working hard as we are used to Cheesy Grin
Quote:
If not is it easy to install a build from the current source and then update a live site once the RC goes gold?

It's possible already and maybe you should try it "offline" if you didn't not yet. I've done upgrade of my custom 1.9.0 and it went pretty smooth.
When I post FP:Ederon in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting.
UserPostedImage
Offline mack  
#112 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:04:27 AM(UTC)
mack

I can't figure this out. I updated the latest SVN version, and it compiles fine. When I go to login, it doesn't do anything. No error messages, nothing. Seems like Ajax is broken or something. When I did manage to get it to report a error, it said wrong user and password (but its correct)..Any clue what's happening?
Offline estuffs  
#113 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 8:19:36 AM(UTC)
estuffs

if i want to upgrade from v1.9.1.8 to v1.9.3, do I simply copy and replace all the BIN file from 193 to 1918?
Offline herman_herman  
#114 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 10:23:15 PM(UTC)
herman_herman

Medals: Medal of Honor for the SQL Scout: Medal for kicking ass at SQL and helping with database development.Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for The Eyes of the Community: Given for being a community hawk, always watching and helping fellow users.

Man

estuffs wrote:
if i want to upgrade from v1.9.1.8 to v1.9.3, do I simply copy and replace all the BIN file from 193 to 1918?

Nope. Not just the codes but most of pages/controls have also been changed since 1.9.1.8.So better to just keep your db.

Edited by user Friday, March 27, 2009 10:29:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Half of my life was elapsed in front of monitors, waiting for progress bars to reach their 100%.
Offline estuffs  
#115 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:18:51 PM(UTC)
estuffs

herman_herman wrote:

Nope. Not just the codes but most of pages/controls have also been changed since 1.9.1.8.So better to just keep your db.

What do you mean by the pages/controls? where do I get the pages and controls? I have all the bin zip downloaded.

Offline herman_herman  
#116 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:49:56 PM(UTC)
herman_herman

Man

estuffs wrote:
herman_herman wrote:

What do you mean by the pages/controls? where do I get the pages and controls? I have all the bin zip downloaded.

I see. By BIN you mean the package and not the *.DLL files Confused .Therefore yes. By just copying the content of the bin package and setting some variables in config files you are done.
Offline estuffs  
#117 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:48:46 AM(UTC)
estuffs

herman_herman wrote:

I see. By BIN you mean the package and not the *.DLL files Confused .Therefore yes. By just copying the content of the bin package and setting some variables in config files you are done.

Which config files need to be modified? I noticed that 1.9.3 does not have web.config or yafnet.config
Offline schworak  
#118 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:42:23 PM(UTC)
schworak

Has YAF development stalled?

This thread was started way back in July of 2008 relating to a release candidate. Here it is April 2009. That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Any hopes of a DNN version upgrade soon?

Confused:
Offline DJGray  
#119 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:51:11 PM(UTC)
DJGray

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
schworak wrote:
That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Offline Mek  
#120 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:14:14 AM(UTC)
Mek

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Coming soon Smile
UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon Smile )
Rss Feed  Atom Feed