kminhmer
Hey, I think i have many question for YAF. I decide to use it for my project. Everyone please to help me?
LG
wardda
Hello,

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone knows if there is going to be another RC or if this is going to go straight to production?

Thanks,
Dan
Mek
straight to production
UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
wardda
That is great to hear, I know it will be done when it is done, but do you have a rough feel for a ballpark date? If not is it easy to install a build from the current source and then update a live site once the RC goes gold?

Thanks,
Dan
herman_herman
Mek wrote:

straight to production

Wow..good to hear that
Ederon
wardda wrote:

That is great to hear, I know it will be done when it is done, but do you have a rough feel for a ballpark date?

Definitely yet this year...if Jaben keeps working hard as we are used to :cheesy:
Quote:

If not is it easy to install a build from the current source and then update a live site once the RC goes gold?

It's possible already and maybe you should try it "offline" if you didn't not yet. I've done upgrade of my custom 1.9.0 and it went pretty smooth.
When I post FP:Ederon in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting.
UserPostedImage 
mack
I can't figure this out. I updated the latest SVN version, and it compiles fine. When I go to login, it doesn't do anything. No error messages, nothing. Seems like Ajax is broken or something. When I did manage to get it to report a error, it said wrong user and password (but its correct)..Any clue what's happening?
estuffs
if i want to upgrade from v1.9.1.8 to v1.9.3, do I simply copy and replace all the BIN file from 193 to 1918?
herman_herman
estuffs wrote:

if i want to upgrade from v1.9.1.8 to v1.9.3, do I simply copy and replace all the BIN file from 193 to 1918?

Nope. Not just the codes but most of pages/controls have also been changed since 1.9.1.8.So better to just keep your db.
estuffs
herman_herman wrote:

Nope. Not just the codes but most of pages/controls have also been changed since 1.9.1.8.So better to just keep your db.

What do you mean by the pages/controls? where do I get the pages and controls? I have all the bin zip downloaded.

herman_herman
estuffs wrote:

herman_herman wrote:

What do you mean by the pages/controls? where do I get the pages and controls? I have all the bin zip downloaded.

I see. By BIN you mean the package and not the *.DLL files :? .Therefore yes. By just copying the content of the bin package and setting some variables in config files you are done.
estuffs
herman_herman wrote:

I see. By BIN you mean the package and not the *.DLL files :? .Therefore yes. By just copying the content of the bin package and setting some variables in config files you are done.

Which config files need to be modified? I noticed that 1.9.3 does not have web.config or yafnet.config
schworak
Has YAF development stalled?

This thread was started way back in July of 2008 relating to a release candidate. Here it is April 2009. That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Any hopes of a DNN version upgrade soon?

:?:
DJGray
schworak wrote:

That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Mek
Coming soon :-)

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )