I've read most of the discussions here on NNTP and realize it might not be that popular or receiving much love, but maybe its because I'm Old School, but I think NNTP is an extremely efficient way to cover everything happening on the boards when compared to using strictly a web interface.

I'm assuming if it does work it's port 119 at news.yetanotherforum.net? And if it's not currently supported at yaf.net, that would be good to know, too.

Thanks a lot!
-Dave
Topic Starter
  • daveburke
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to Dave for creating the Sueetie Open Source Project.Medal of Honor Thumbs Up!: Given to community members who are doing very cool things with the YAF project.
  • Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks, Maria. I KNOW what it is and have used it with other forum applications. I was asking about the status of it with YAF. From my research since my original post, apparently it's one of those areas of YAF development that fell by the wayside and needs someone to assume ownership and get it back on its feet.

Regards,
Dave
Topic Starter
  • daveburke
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to Dave for creating the Sueetie Open Source Project.Medal of Honor Thumbs Up!: Given to community members who are doing very cool things with the YAF project.
  • Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
You'd be dead right, I don't think any of us dev's actively use this feature so it's a fair critique. Jaben's the only one who could answer whether its active here (I'd guess not).
UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
  • Mek
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.
  • Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)