Nico
Hi Jaben, hi everybody,

Thanks to your answer in http://forum.yetanotherf...BOARDS--capability-.aspx , I've managed to create an access to my second board.

My problem now is that when a new user registers, I want him to be automatically registered in the two boards at the same time.

For this I've tried to modify the pages/register.ascx.cs file, but nothing happens.

Are these files already compiled in .dll or some other stuff? I am really very interested in understanding how the whole thing works?

Can I access and modify this .dll?

Thanks in advance
Nico
Sponsor
Jaben
This isn't a simple modification, unfortunately. I doubt anyone will "volunteer" to rewrite YAF for you.

I will say this though: What you want is easier to do in the newer version of YAF (v1.93).
Nico
So quick to answer. Thank you Honolulu !

Ok, I rush to 1.93, but anyway, just to understand, what is in the .dll, is it possible to access it, and does any modification in .cs or .aspx files have an impact?

Newbie in YAF, but in fact total newbie in asp.net also...but I find the capabilities of this language exciting
Jaben
The dll contains the compiled source code for the Forum. If you download the "source" version of YAF you'll see all the C# code (*.cs files) and project files.

You can download Visual Studio 2008 Express from Microsoft's web site (free) and load up the YAF project... make changes and build.

C# is an excellent language and .NET is a great platform that has just begun to see it's potential.
Nico
Great, I see. I was mistaken because of source files, now it's clearer.

Thanks. Now I can really start to build the house. Need to surf to Honolulu to pay you a beer!
Nico
Hi,

I've downloaded both the BIN and SOURCE for 1.9.3.

I try to open yetanotherforum.net.vs2008.sln (from SOURCE) using Visual Web Developer Express 2008, but it answers me : 'The project system components are not installed on this computer'...

When I try to open it with Visual C# 2008 express, it answers that the project type () is not supported by this version...

Any clue?
aalmog
I didn't check it but try to duplicate the record in the database and change the board id.
Nico
I've moved to visual studio 2005.