ბესო wrote:

Jaben wrote:

ბესო wrote:

Upgraded to v1.9.3 -- smooth process...

Uh-oh... Watch out. That version of v1.9.3 has some major issues.

PLEASE UPGRADE ALPHA v1.9.3.2 immediately before you do any pasword resetting (that's where the bug is).

OK, thnkz...

Plz

Write about "Full text search" -- installation shows some problem there -- what is to be done?

Are some changes to be done inside database?

Is full text search possible for Unicode texts?
tep
OK, I got it.

How can you decide which email type (text / html) will be used ?
tep
while creating new user ; (using dev-recommended-web.config as web.config)

Quote:

Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Source Error:

Line 129: // copy password to hash buffer + salt
Line 130: System.Buffer.BlockCopy( unencodedBytes, 0, buffer, 0, unencodedBytes.Length );
Line 131: if ( useSalt ) System.Buffer.BlockCopy( saltBytes, unencodedBytes.Length - 1, buffer, unencodedBytes.Length - 1, saltBytes.Length );
Line 132:
Line 133: // Check Encoding format / method

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\yaf-v1.9.3.2-alpha\YAF.Providers\Membership\YafMembershipProvider.cs Line: 131

tep, i got this error too. (but i'm using recommended-web.config)
this error appears to me not only while creating new user, but while login too)
Jaben
k... I need to test this "recommended configuration" a bit more. That's a nice off by one bug I need to fix.

Quote:

How can you decide which email type (text / html) will be used ?

It's not either/or. It's Text or Text AND Html. The view is decided by the email client -- if they support HTML they'll display the HTML... if they don't they'll display text.

Put a BLANK _HTML entry in the language resource and it will not send an HTML version of the message -- just a text.
Jaben
New release addresses this exception... Thanks for your testing help guys.
tep
thanks for info :)

in the mean there is no text & html type (EMAILTOPIC_TEXT & EMAILTOPIC_HTML) for tagged EMAILTOPIC.

may be you forgot that
tep
one more thing.

With this new email template structure you also fixed language based character display in email subject & from fields ?
Jaben
There is no TEXT and HTML type for EMAILTopic correct. It's not an email. It's just a template that's used on the site to send a email topic.

Well, I modified the code so yes, I hope the character display (Unicode) works properly now. Remember that sometimes its the email clients that have the limitations -- so I doubt it works perfectly everywhere.
tep
OK Jaben, Let's try & see :)

When new updated alpha will be ready ?

TEP
Jaben
tep... the latest version is up. v1.9.3.3
Upgrading 1.9.3.2 to 1.9.3.2 error
Can't attach image...

Erros is about:

procedures.sql

object is already

yaf_checkmail_list
missing...

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.sysobjects WHERE id = OBJECT_ID(N'[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}checkemail_list]') AND OBJECTPROPERTY(id,N'IsProcedure') = 1)
DROP PROCEDURE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}checkemail_list]
GO
Ederon
ბესო wrote:

missing...

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.sysobjects WHERE id = OBJECT_ID(N'[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}checkemail_list]') AND OBJECTPROPERTY(id,N'IsProcedure') = 1)
DROP PROCEDURE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}checkemail_list]
GO

I've fixed this yesterday probably just few moments before Jaben released it.
When I post FP:Ederon in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting.
UserPostedImage