Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tecman  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2018 17:01:04(UTC)
tecman

Recently one of the users of our forum reported the following issue. He tried to post a question, but it was classified as spam and rejected. When I opened the Spam Event Log, I saw that his post was classified as spam because it contained 2 urls. Below is the corresponding record from the log:
Quote:
Spam Check detected possible SPAM (The user posted 2 urls but allowed only 1) posted by User: ***, post was rejected

It also turned out that we have a lot of similar records in the spam detection log:
Quote:
Spam Check detected possible SPAM (The user posted 5 urls but allowed only 1) posted by User: ***, post was rejected

If a post contains 5-7 urls, then obviously it's a spam. But if the user wants to post a message with 2 or 3 urls (say, links to images uploaded to imgur.com), why such a message is classified as spam and blocked automatically? Is there a forum setting to change this? Say, set the maximum number of urls allowed per post not to classify it as spam?

Edited by user 16 November 2018 14:52:47(UTC)  | Reason: Changed post status to 'solved'

Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2018 04:15:47(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1199 time(s) in 1027 post(s)
Yes you can define it in the host settings under spam setting. In previous versions I set it to low. No its 6 I think. You can also define how many posts a user should have before been excluded from the spam check. By default a user with more then 15 posts is excluded.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed