vcsharp
I am trying to post as a non-admin user on my localhost YAF and every time I post in the forum it says "Since you posted to a moderated forum, a forum moderator must approve your post before it will become visible...".
The forum is not moderated as per settings and also SPAM service is disabled for User and Content checking under Host Settings.

Why would I be getting such a message always? But, if I post as an admin then the post goes through. This is strange and very confusing.
vcsharp
The reason I was getting this message for forum being moderated was because I had some custom logic in the stored procedure yaf_message_save that was causing a message id of 0 being returned and the message not being saved.

This had nothing to do with the forum being moderated or messages being checked for spam, which anyhow were not enabled in my case.