tecman
I found that syntax highlighting for Visual Basic code does not work in the release version of YAF 2.2.4.14. It works for other languages like C# but not for VB. Is there an easy fix for this problem?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: tecman

I found that syntax highlighting for Visual Basic code does not work in the release version of YAF 2.2.4.14. It works for other languages like C# but not for VB. Is there an easy fix for this problem?

Will be fixed with the next update. You can download the updates js file from the stable branch

https://github.com/YAFNE...y.ForumExtensions.min.js 

UserPostedImage
tecman
Is it enough just to replace the current file Scripts/jquery.ForumExtensions.min.js with that one to fix the problem (no compilations, etc.)? I did that but see no effect.
tha_watcha

Is it enough just to replace the current file Scripts/jquery.ForumExtensions.min.js with that one to fix the problem (no compilations, etc.)? I did that but see no effect.

Did you clear the browser cache or to force the browser to reload the javascript?
UserPostedImage
tecman
Yes, cache cleaning helped. However, I expected that replacing the .js file with a newer version on the server should force browsers to download the fresh version of the scripts automatically. Now it looks like I need to ask all users of our forum to clean their browser caches to make syntax highlighting work.
Is there a way to fix this issue on our side? Say, relaunch the forum application or update default.aspx or something like that?
tha_watcha

Yes, cache cleaning helped. However, I expected that replacing the .js file with a newer version on the server should force browsers to download the fresh version of the scripts automatically. Now it looks like I need to ask all users of our forum to clean their browser caches to make syntax highlighting work.
Is there a way to fix this issue on our side? Say, relaunch the forum application or update default.aspx or something like that?

The only solution would be to change the url and add a versionnumber to the js url for example like...

<script type="text/javascript" src="myfile.js?1500"></script>

But that would require that the number needs to be stored in the app.config for example. But that would require an manual update every time there is a new release.

I need to find a better solution for this problem. At the moment the only option is to Press CTRL+F5 to reload the page and force a reload.

UserPostedImage