Ella
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 25/07/2018
Hello.
Just installing 2.2.4.13.
Set settings for Facebook login.
After request Facebook security and come back to forum, got this error: The Facebook Login failed, because the user does not provide a email address for the account.

In Facebook I see: forum will receive your name and profile picture.

There is NO e-mail request.

When I try to login throuth my developer facebook account I recive this message:
Invalid Scopes: user_birthday, publish_actions, user_location. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.faceb...cebook-login/permissions 

Maybe something change with facebook profile request?
tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Quote:

After request Facebook security and come back to forum, got this error: The Facebook Login failed, because the user does not provide a email address for the account.



This should only happen if the user don't provide an email address, in that case the login will not work!

Quote:

When I try to login throuth my developer facebook account I recive this message:
Invalid Scopes: user_birthday, publish_actions, user_location. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.faceb...cebook-login/permissions 

Maybe something change with facebook profile request?



publish_actions is not supported anymore and will be removed with the next release YAF 2.24.14
UserPostedImage
Ella
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 25/07/2018
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha

This should only happen if the user don't provide an email address, in that case the login will not work!



Thank you. Maybe you know, what do I need to do in Facebook for provide an email address?
Cannot find any options for this...

tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Originally Posted by: Ella

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha

This should only happen if the user don't provide an email address, in that case the login will not work!



Thank you. Maybe you know, what do I need to do in Facebook for provide an email address?
Cannot find any options for this...



According to the facebook sdk this would happen when the facebook user register via phone address instead of an email address. In that case the login will not work at the moment.
UserPostedImage
Ella
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 25/07/2018
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha

According to the facebook sdk this would happen when the facebook user register via phone address instead of an email address. In that case the login will not work at the moment.



I asked some my friends to try to register at forum by facebook and they got the same error (all has e-mail).
Really don't know where find the bug... 😞
Ella
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 25/07/2018
Right now I tried to register new facebook user via email address, then tried to register at forum - got the same error.
tha_watcha
  • Posts: 4044
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
Originally Posted by: Ella

Right now I tried to register new facebook user via email address, then tried to register at forum - got the same error.



Yes i can confirm. Looks like something has changed again. Please disable facebook login for now.


UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Forum Jump  
    • You cannot post new topics in this forum.
    • You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
    • You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
    • You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
    • You cannot create polls in this forum.
    • You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

    About Us

    The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

    Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

    Project Twitter Updates

    Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved