Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gofer01  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2018 07:27:14(UTC)
Gofer01

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
On the YAF downloads section of this website, you will get a 404 error on the C# download and a security warning on downloading the DNN YAF module.

Furthermore, over the years, the new coders are making this once excellent Forum App into a piece of shit. What happend to posting images and attaching zip files.

When it comes time to create a forum for my customers. I will be looking for another forum App

Michael
My Website
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2018 09:25:41(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1181 time(s) in 1011 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gofer01 Go to Quoted Post
On the YAF downloads section of this website, you will get a 404 error on the C# download and a security warning on downloading the DNN YAF module.

Links to the downloads have been fixed. What Security warning you are getting?

Furthermore, over the years, the new coders are making this once excellent Forum App into a piece of shit. What happend to posting images and attaching zip files.

you still can post images and attach zip files. Please provide more details on the issues you have!
Offline Gofer01  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2018 10:31:30(UTC)
Gofer01

Man
United States

FB_IMG_1474387124845.jpg

let's see if this works

Ok you moved the attached buttons from the bottom of the post to the top menu bar FB_IMG_1474387124845.zip (91kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Michael
My Website
Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2018 10:36:05(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Yes the attachments are now more flexible you can reuse them in your messages, and upload multiple files and more. I know the system is different then before, but thats not a reason for being rude. However if there are any issues i need to know, i would do my best to resolve them.
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
Zero2Cool on 26/07/2018(UTC)
Offline Gofer01  
#5 Posted : 01 August 2018 18:39:51(UTC)
Gofer01

Man
United States

When was I ever rude
Michael
My Website
Offline tha_watcha  
#6 Posted : 01 August 2018 19:57:11(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

When was I ever rude

Well you wrote...

Quote:
Furthermore, over the years, the new coders are making this once excellent Forum App into a piece of shit.

writing my work is a a piece of shit is basically the same as telling me that.
Offline Gofer01  
#7 Posted : 02 August 2018 04:57:00(UTC)
Gofer01

Man
United States

Sorry that I hurt your feelings but still the old format was better in my opinion. I like the way where the image was in a little blue box at the bottom and when you click on the image it expanded into a separate bigger box
Michael
My Website
Offline tha_watcha  
#8 Posted : 02 August 2018 15:31:53(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Sorry that I hurt your feelings but still the old format was better in my opinion. I like the way where the image was in a little blue box at the bottom and when you click on the image it expanded into a separate bigger box

Well as for the images that is still the case and has not changed, depending on the size of the image it can be previewed and expand. This value can be configured in the the host setting.

emoji.PNG

As for the blue box you could style the links via css to have a box around them, if you really prefer that
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : 03 August 2018 02:26:05(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)

What is your suggestion to make uploading and inserting images better? Copy Paste the image into the post? I think the post would need to store the image as data in the database for that.

I'm curious for an improved process from you, or others.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed