Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vcsharp  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 2:45:58 PM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

Please take a look at this screenshot: YAF tags not being recognized

When I open the source code for yaf in VS 2017 Community Edition, and then open pages/postmessage.ascx, I am finding that the control tag of YAF and also the method GetPollGroupID() are not being recognized in design view.

I have imported a few namespaces within postmessage.ascx, but it doesn't help.

Question : Is there a trick I am missing in VS 2017 to show the postmessage.ascx without errors?

Edited by user Monday, April 9, 2018 6:32:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: set issue to solved

Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:56:42 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1174 time(s) in 1004 post(s)
Rename the recommend.web.config and add this web.config to the yaf website project, then it should work.
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
vcsharp on 4/8/2018(UTC)
Offline vcsharp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:19:11 PM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

I do not have any web config files and I am using yaf 2.2.3. I have the full source-code of all yaf projects in this solution.

The screenshot of web config files in Solution Explorer is at following url: Missing Web Config files
Offline vcsharp  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:32:11 PM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

I did find the file you mentioned and renamed it web.config file, but still getting the error of YAF tag not being recognized, though GetPollGroupId() method is being recognized now.
I am now getting error in code-behind of postmessage.ascx and also error for one of the controls in postmessage.ascx.

Here are the screenshots: Errors in Code-behind and Error in control in design view
Offline vcsharp  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:44:03 PM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

I think another problem with postmessage.ascx is that many different types of controls have same tag of YAFas in markup below.

Code:

<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="True" Inherits="YAF.Pages.postmessage" Codebehind="postmessage.ascx.cs" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="YAF.Core" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="YAF.Types.Interfaces" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="YAF.Utils" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="YAF.Types.Extensions" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="YAF.Controls" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" TagName="smileys" Src="../controls/smileys.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" TagName="LastPosts" Src="../controls/LastPosts.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" TagName="PostOptions" Src="../controls/PostOptions.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" TagName="PostAttachments" Src="../controls/PostAttachments.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" TagName="PollList" Src="../controls/PollList.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="YAF" TagName="AttachmentsUploadDialog" Src="../controls/AttachmentsUploadDialog.ascx" %>

<YAF:PageLinks ID="PageLinks" runat="server" />
<YAF:PollList ID="PollList"  ShowButtons="true" PollGroupId='<%# GetPollGroupID() %>'  runat="server"/>
Offline vcsharp  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

At least the yaf solution is now successfully building 15 projects, even though design time errors are there. So that's good enough for me.
Thanks and I appreciate your help on this.

I think its important to close solution and restart VS 2017, in order for web config control changes to take effect.
Offline tha_watcha  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:59:12 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

The errors in design view are normal and will never go away.

The other errors are probably caused because you modified the ascx file before you added the web.config file. This caused the ascx.designer.cs files to regenerate with the wrong controls. Modify that file manually and fix all the yaf controls, or replace the file from the source package.
vcsharp on 4/9/2018(UTC)
Offline tha_watcha  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 6:14:16 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Why are you using an old version and not the latest version?
vcsharp on 4/9/2018(UTC)
Offline vcsharp  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 4:18:12 AM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha Go to Quoted Post
The errors in design view are normal and will never go away.

The other errors are probably caused because you modified the ascx file before you added the web.config file. This caused the ascx.designer.cs files to regenerate with the wrong controls. Modify that file manually and fix all the yaf controls, or replace the file from the source package.

Yes, I had made changes to ascx when web config file was not there.
So, you meant to manually modify the ascx.designer.cs files?

Offline vcsharp  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 4:20:53 AM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

I am using 2.2.3 and have made some changes to source code to better suit my requirements.

Due to these changes, I am hesitant to upgrade since the new version would overwrite all my changes.

Offline tha_watcha  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:27:50 PM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: vcsharp Go to Quoted Post

I am using 2.2.3 and have made some changes to source code to better suit my requirements.

Due to these changes, I am hesitant to upgrade since the new version would overwrite all my changes.

Try to create diff patches of the changes you make. Then you can directly apply them after each update

vcsharp on 4/19/2018(UTC)
Offline vcsharp  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:40:04 AM(UTC)
vcsharp

Man
India

Yes, that is a good suggestion. Right now I am making changes by adding custom user control and including custom JavaScript in separate script file.
But later on, I intend to put these differences into a separate patch.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed